Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2561 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

Available for sale on PR: $7.46 $9.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $7.46 $9.95 Pattern Details

Sweater knit fabrics

taylormade said... (7/14/14 11:06 PM) Reply
On your next shirt project, try using a seam in CB you can get a slightly better shape if you have the CB seam. Also it looks a little bit wide through the back shoulder? And the cross back under the armhole. You might try cutting up through the back piece from shoulder to hem (halfway between neck and shoulder) and just folding out some width and see what happen. Of course try it on a muslin first! I think it looks great on you. I now want to try it!
meadowclark said... (4/7/13 9:49 PM) Reply
just finished the collar - and not too happy. I made it in a stretch navy white gingham. I think it will look cute! I have to figure out how to make the collar look nicer.
Annette1 said... (7/1/12 1:42 AM) Reply
Hey, I still like that POPPED COLLAR look! :o) Just call me ELVIS. This is a GREAT shirt, and you REALLY look good in this COLOR. AND I love your necklace, by the way. GREAT job, as always. :o)
Claire in Montreal said... (5/9/12 8:26 PM) Reply
Ah that was it ! I couldn't figure out why I was drawn to the jeans instead of the capris - there was nothing wrong with the capris ! It was the proportion - learn new stuff every day. Love the shirt !
jenleeC said... (5/7/12 7:57 PM) Reply
This is a wonderful shirt and such a beautiful colour to brighten your day! Mushywear is right about the capris. Nothing wrong with the pants it's just that the proportion of shirt to pants is too close to 50/50 to look flattering. The 1/3 to 2/3 ratio with the long jeans is better.
Sue Parrott said... (5/7/12 5:12 PM) Reply
Great color, well made!
YarnJourney said... (5/7/12 3:32 PM) Reply
You look so pretty in that color of blue. I love the sleeves. I never think of making 3/4 ones, but will on my next shirt. I think the back view looks nice too.
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/7/12 7:03 AM) Reply
Nice job on the top and great review. Thanks!
Lori V said... (5/7/12 7:02 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse, I really like the color on you.
Mushywear said... (5/7/12 4:26 AM) Reply
This is a very nice looking shirt. Love the color and the 3/4 length sleeves. Don't give up on pants! The capris you've pictured look great. It's just that the long jeans look better with this type of shirt.
renren said... (5/7/12 0:55 AM) Reply
Wait! I thought you were working on perfecting pants in 2012! Well, you've gone and sewn the perfect shirt!
Legal.Dealer said... (5/6/12 10:34 PM) Reply
Did I miss something? I think your pants look great. Bravo on the blouse, it looks very nice on you and it is a great color for you. I say go OUT in your custom outfit!
marec said... (5/6/12 9:49 PM) Reply
I love this review for many reasons but most of all because you have sewn such a perfect shirt. It looks wonderful. Love the necklace that you paired it with also!
ArtAttack said... (5/6/12 6:48 PM) Reply
Great shirt...you'll wear the heck out of this...super fit, and pretty color on you
Barbara V said... (5/6/12 6:40 PM) Reply
I'm liking this color on you! Great looking blouse...nice job!
cleverkitty said... (5/6/12 6:20 PM) Reply
well it looks like the collar is on straight phew don't want that off center and the shoulder seams are where they should be, bust appearing from the shirt is always good, you got the color down to a beautiful shade not too TURQUOISE like my 89yr old mother-in-law wears, okay the homemade pants should stay home. All adds up that you have a shirt even Sherrie Mathieson would approve of. I don't know Barb two new shirts added to your wardrobe I have shirt envy!!!
FreyaStark said... (5/6/12 5:50 PM) Reply
A really nice shirt. I think this is a terrific pattern. I've only made it once but hope to return to it one day.
margk said... (5/6/12 5:43 PM) Reply
Beautifully made, and I must get that book!

by: Pj3g

by: redsilvia

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Christine Jonson Swing Jacket