Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1234 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:5/11/12 0:34 AM
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $27.50 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $27.50 Pattern Details

Vesta Patterns

Gendun said... (3/21/13 3:16 PM) Reply
Smashing, both on you and the fabric! I agree with you on the neckline: A true round neck isn't flattering on most of us. A V, as you say, would flatter it, and I can't help but wonder about a square one. Of course changing it to a boat neck would be easiest and would look so pretty. Congrats on a job well done. :)
threadandthumb said... (7/9/12 2:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful in a floral!
Barbara V said... (6/14/12 4:53 PM) Reply
Thanks all for the lovely comments! AuntieShel, my height is 5' 3 1/2". I also measured the dress length from front neck edge to hem - 47". Hope that is helpful - Barbara
AuntieShel said... (6/14/12 11:37 AM) Reply
Don't know how I missed this when you reviewed it, but this is SPECTACULAR!!! So stunning, the way you used the border print. May I ask how tall you are as a reference if I buy this pattern? Thank you!!
fauxgetaboutit said... (5/15/12 10:48 AM) Reply
Love how you were brave enough to tackle a border print and all your work certainly paid off! I love how you added the border on the bottom not only for the length but it really tied everything together as well.
Ann Smith said... (5/14/12 12:14 PM) Reply
Such a great use of the border print. I love it.
Mrs4Him said... (5/12/12 5:57 PM) Reply
This is very pretty and such an interesting and flattering design.
TJSEWS said... (5/12/12 5:21 PM) Reply
You look gorgeous in your dress and what a fantastic print! Perfect!
mmcp said... (5/12/12 2:57 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and keep meaning to make it but haven't found the right fabric. LOVE what you did with that patterned fabric. Thanks for the inspiration!
Heatherrique said... (5/12/12 1:33 PM) Reply
Enchantingly beautiful, Barbara!
barbcl said... (5/12/12 12:58 PM) Reply
A sensational dress and look!
cleverkitty said... (5/12/12 8:04 AM) Reply
gorgeous dress!!
cocosloft said... (5/12/12 7:50 AM) Reply
A work of art...stunning!
mochimo said... (5/12/12 7:48 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress!!!
lamstu said... (5/12/12 2:22 AM) Reply
Another amazing dress. Love your style and your skill of which this dress is a great example.
Sar sews said... (5/11/12 11:01 PM) Reply
Great use of fabric, bravo!
Annette1 said... (5/11/12 9:37 PM) Reply
That layout looks like something akin to BRAIN SURGERY, Doc, but you've done a SUPERB job putting your border print to use. I had actually ordered some of the fabric that is in the pattern picture, but then I got a note that, well, actually, it WASN'T that fabric, so I canceled the order. I've never been able to imagine anything that would look quite as good, UNTIL NOW, and I don't even have to imagine! BEAUTIFUL dress! ;o)
DorothyK said... (5/11/12 12:07 PM) Reply
The fabric placement is excellent and the fit is divine. You did a great job on this and it looks fabulous on you. You have reminded me that I still intend to make this pattern.
VogueMistress said... (5/11/12 10:49 AM) Reply
Stunning..beautiful use of the border print.
nicegirl said... (5/11/12 10:47 AM) Reply
That is so cool! Your border print placement is just fabulous.
marthamyers said... (5/11/12 10:07 AM) Reply
Wow - terrific on you, Barbara. Thanks for showing the skirt detail. It is such a clever design. And your layout is even more clever. The border print is perfect for this. I am wondering if it could be adapted to a woven fabric. Nice work!
Nan Kay said... (5/11/12 10:01 AM) Reply
Love how you used this fabric! I didn't think I liked this pattern from the envelope, but your version is super, I might have to rethink my opinion of the pattern.
Jane S said... (5/11/12 9:59 AM) Reply
Wow, what a fantastic combination of pattern and fabric. You really made it work for you. Gorgeous!!
ArtAttack said... (5/11/12 9:56 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous! I've never given this pattern a second thought but now I may...super becoming on you and outstanding fabric and placement!
Jrhee said... (5/11/12 9:37 AM) Reply
This looks really great - I also think it looks much better than the pattern envelope.
CTBarb said... (5/11/12 7:40 AM) Reply
Wow! You absolutely nailed the border placements on this. I have this material and you have given me a whole new perspective on it! What a wonderfiul dress and you look super in it!
prttynpnk said... (5/11/12 6:57 AM) Reply
What a beautiful fabric choice for this- it looks amazing!
jlg said... (5/11/12 5:47 AM) Reply
Very well done. I agree with Christas; you should be on the pattern envelope. This is great.
cmacca said... (5/11/12 4:14 AM) Reply
That dress looks great, it is a really unusual way to make up this pattern.
Dilliander said... (5/11/12 3:18 AM) Reply
Very special, the border print is a perfect choice and your dress looks lovely on.
sfshaza said... (5/11/12 2:12 AM) Reply
Barbara, this is spectacular!! I love love it in that border ITY print!!!
Batik said... (5/11/12 1:16 AM) Reply
I agree with Christas, this is so beautiful it should be on the pattern envelope. Lovely fabric and the places of the border detail is spectacular.
Christas said... (5/11/12 1:14 AM) Reply
That is one very gorgeous dress! You should be on the front of the pattern envelope. Your fabric choice is absolutely wonderful. I would have never looked twice at this pattern, but now I will probably buy it!

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2011-137

by: Fully Bust...

SewBaby Twirl Top and Pants Pattern

SewBaby Twirl Top and Pants Pattern

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)