Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1309 (Misses Tunic and Pants)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:5/21/12 5:12 PM
Last Updated:5/21/12 5:31 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
MondoVox said... (11/7/12 3:21 PM) Reply
You are an inspiration! I'm totally doing this in a knit and taking liberties with edges (raw and curling!), and I may even toy with leaving those side seams such that I end up with side slits...for the hips because I'm afraid if I make the rectangle wider, I'll have too much fabric in the shoulders. Thanks for your detailed review. You make things easier for us newbies.
thepattyc said... (10/14/12 12:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. Your shirt is very nice. I have a rectangle body shape and I love a good puzzle. However, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable in a shirt that is a wee bit lacking in the modesty department.
miausiau said... (8/15/12 0:59 AM) Reply
This is hilarious! I just sewed this up and it is a complete mirror image because I marked on wrong side(correct) but did not put pattern upside down. (not something that is very common)
Wino said... (6/2/12 2:01 PM) Reply
Just purchased this today at JA-love the pattern hope I can make it work! Thanks for your detailed review.
marec said... (5/25/12 10:54 AM) Reply
How lovely! And, a giant thank you for the complete and honest review. I think I will pass on this pattern. I need confidence building patterns, not final exam patterns!
cleverkitty said... (5/22/12 8:07 AM) Reply
this is exactly what I expect from you....something interesting and stylish. You are brave making this pattern, great job figuring it all out.
cmacca said... (5/22/12 7:14 AM) Reply
Your top looks terrific and your review is very helpful. I just got the pattern yesterday and spent the evening somewhat puzzled by the instructions - but less so now!
a life in stitches said... (5/22/12 5:30 AM) Reply
It's great to see a 'real' version of this and read your detailed comments. As another Miyake fan, you haven't put me off. I just wish Vogue Patterns would employ you as a tester, then maybe what they put in their envelopes might work better!
Modiste Madness said... (5/22/12 0:45 AM) Reply
Love your version.
DorothyK said... (5/21/12 10:45 PM) Reply
Your review has paved the way for those to follow. Thank you for that. I certainly will be reading your review again very carefully when I make this pattern. The final result is fabulous and looks great on you. Love the fabric, and the camisole is perfect.
Patti B said... (5/21/12 8:15 PM) Reply
This looks smashing on you and was worth the effort -- at least from my viewpoint. Thanks for a thorough and honest review.
marthamyers said... (5/21/12 8:13 PM) Reply
I love the interesting design you describe here. To me, a possible puzzle is (almost) as important as the final outcome. Thanks for sharing your insights.
mhoutz said... (5/21/12 8:13 PM) Reply
Oh, you brave woman! I bet all of us who snapped up this pattern will think about it a little! Your final top is beautiful...kudos for hanging in there!
karen n said... (5/21/12 7:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for tackling this pattern so early on! I love how it looks and maybe even a flubbed up version will look cool!
kkkkaty said... (5/21/12 6:52 PM) Reply
Love your review, as always. I bought this pattern, and love the look, but will be sure to avoid sewing it until I have a lot of free time and no distractions...
annie11 said... (5/21/12 6:49 PM) Reply
I love your results. Too bad that it took so much head scratching to get there! I bought that same knit print- it looks really nice on you. Thank you for your helpful review!
sherri930 said... (5/21/12 6:30 PM) Reply
Thank you for that detailed review. I've seen this pattern and have admired it. However, not sure I'm ready to tackle it now! Looks good on you!
Barbara V said... (5/21/12 5:34 PM) Reply
Oh - puzzle well solved to result in a masterpiece! Can't believe you went through all of that!!! I think the best change was to a knit fabric. The fit, flow, drape, and look of comfort I think are all really nice and you look fabulous wearing it!

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2013-111