Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5204 (Italian Blouse)

Reviewed by:MickeyFan

About MickeyFanstarstar
Member since: 6/7/04
Posted on:12/16/04 9:30 AM
Last Updated:12/16/04 9:40 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people

Vesta Patterns

Alice Farnsworth said... (3/8/09 0:00 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern ages ago but haven't made it because the sleeves, especially the armholes, look so baggy. Thanks for all the problems. I will try it because it is so classic.
Wilbur said... (12/31/06 2:23 PM) Reply
Isn't it irresponsible for pattern companies to toy with customer's time, money and patience?! If one makes a living selling this stuff it should have reliable instructions not a bunch of trial and error; I can do that by myself without instructions. Thanks for the warning. Really, this happens with every review of LH patterns. She should subscribe to PR to see what needs fixing!
Susan in Miami said... (8/6/06 7:30 AM) Reply
I love the classic lines of this blouse and have the pattern waiting to be made "someday". Thanks to this review I will address the instructions with care.
AnneM said... (12/17/04 7:13 PM) Reply
Lovely looking fabric, and your blouse looks very nice. I'll probably stick with other blouse patterns for now.
BillieJean said... (12/17/04 12:03 PM) Reply
Excellent review. Well worded.
Danvillegirl said... (12/17/04 5:41 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks nice. Glad you were able to overcome some of the challenges. Very helpful review.
Gloria Allender said... (12/17/04 5:36 AM) Reply
Excellent review; beautiful blouse.
CarrieA said... (12/16/04 8:09 PM) Reply
Great looking blouse! I was one who struggled through this a couple years ago...before I thought pattern problems could only be my own lack of experience. Unfortunately I never did wear my efforts, but I just might try this again, now that I have a bit more experience (and confidence!) and yours turned out so beautifully.
Mini said... (12/16/04 7:22 PM) Reply
Somebody must have been sleep-deprived when they wrote the instructions for this pattern-I thought they were awful too. However, it does eventually make a pretty blouse. It looks you got the fit just right, and much better than the pattern photo would predict.
valerie sews said... (12/16/04 5:58 PM) Reply
What a lovely, elegant blouse. No one would know the troubles you went through by looking at it. Thanks for the review.
jlg said... (12/16/04 5:51 PM) Reply
Very pretty. I'm impressed with your hard work. I would have given up; I am not nearly as patient. Good job.
Gigi Louis said... (12/16/04 2:09 PM) Reply
What a beautiful blouse!
Cian said... (12/16/04 1:20 PM) Reply
Great review. The shirt turned out wonderfully.
nheh said... (12/16/04 12:49 PM) Reply
Hmmm... I bought some of this fabric too, and I love this style of bouse, even if more fitted ones are in style right now. Another LH pattern to buy... Thanks for the review.
nheh said... (12/16/04 12:48 PM) Reply
Hmmm... I bought some of this fabric too, and I love this style of blouse, even if more fitted ones are in style right now. Another LH pattern to buy... Thanks for the review.
Georgene said... (12/16/04 12:28 PM) Reply
Thanks you for an excellent review. I admire your wading thru the frustration to the end. It looks good, and I bet the next one will be even better. There are supersoft light weight interfacings out there. Check out the "DreamWeave" microfiber fusible at Louise Cutting's website.
PegL said... (12/16/04 11:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! I love both the fabric and the color! I've become a LH pattern fan but haven't tried a blouse yet. You've inspired me.
Mary Stiefer said... (12/16/04 10:21 AM) Reply
The blouse is gorgeous and the color looks perfect for you.
PVA said... (12/16/04 10:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review -- I really appreciate knowing what some of the pitfalls are! I love this classic-style blouse & probably will give it a try.
kmouse said... (12/16/04 9:50 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the review as well as the picture. Actually, I have seen this pattern before and thought it was too loose and baggy but your adjustment of the buttons and amount of ease makes the pattern more appealing. Fabric choice (and color) is perfect. Thanks also for the reference for the no interfacing collar...I don't know if I would have given LH the benefit of the doubt but now I might try it!

Tessuti Eva Dress