Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2890

Member since: 5/26/11
Posted on:5/26/12 1:37 PM
Last Updated:6/3/12 5:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
JenniferMM said... (6/5/12 8:27 AM) Reply
It looks lovely. Well done! Thank you for noting its accuracy. I didn't think any of Simplicity's were but, now I'm adding this pattern to my list.
Claverie said... (6/3/12 9:25 PM) Reply
MY BAD... ;) looked like a watch in a very old photo ;)
Claverie said... (6/3/12 9:24 PM) Reply
Glad you fixed the image for public view. Nice picture ... probably could have left the watch off ;) ... Amazing work. Looks very nice.
oldfashionedgirlsews said... (6/3/12 5:38 PM) Reply
I had been trying to fix the link, and finally asked my brother, who showed me how :) both links should work now. RadarRadianc, corsets do give much better support and I find them very comfortable especially ones from the 1860's, and that's why I made this one!
RadarRadiance said... (6/3/12 9:38 AM) Reply
I was able to use your link that is written out to see the corset. The picture link didn't work. Looks like a very cool pattern. I didn't realize you still wear corsets, can I ask if they give you better support? It looks very nice.
arianamaniacs said... (5/27/12 3:58 AM) Reply
I can't get the picture either - are you picture/albums set for public viewing?
oldfashionedgirlsews said... (5/26/12 9:49 PM) Reply
I'm sorry that the link didn't work for you zoe, I think it is fixed but it's hard to tell :) The Victoria and Albert museum's fashion in detail books are wonderful! I love to study the beautiful details on the garments.
zoe said... (5/26/12 5:57 PM) Reply
Fascinating ( unfortunately, I couldn't get the picture: I get a message that says it " can't be found") ??? I think the chemise would make a great nightgown . I have a beautiful book: the Victoria and Albert Museum's 17th and 18th century Fashion in Detail, which has beautiful photographs of their clothing collection. I study the pictures to try to make the clothing for needle felted animal dolls that I make. I've never tried real human sized though.

You Sew Girl 200mm Glam Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 200mm Glam Purse Pattern

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)