Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1274 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:5/30/12 1:04 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Sweater knit fabrics

LynnOC said... (2/23/15 9:52 PM) Reply
I love your shirt, and thank you for this great review. Now that you've had it for a few years, would you say it's something that you reach for often?
GrannyT said... (11/29/12 3:39 PM) Reply
Your shirt is beautiful and I am doubly inspired to sew the shirt after seeing how great yours looks. I like loose fitting, but sounds as though I'd better do some fit checking before cutting out my size. 10 inches is a whole lot of ease! Thanks for sharing your review, it's very helpfuL.
Gendun said... (6/6/12 2:50 PM) Reply
Very urban. Very elegant. Nicely done and it looks FAB on you! I just purchased it, and you've helped me decide what fabric to use. Can't wait! Thanks!
sfshaza said... (5/31/12 11:51 PM) Reply
Really nice, Ann, and I also really like what you did with the sleeve drape.
Barbara V said... (5/31/12 8:30 PM) Reply
Neat denim looking linen (that's a tongue twister!) I really like your change to the sleeves. Great fit and super look on you.
2 Airedales n Me said... (5/31/12 1:20 AM) Reply
Great to see this made up, Ann. Thanks for reviewing it and showing your change-up to the sleeves. I will have to try this one as I too love asymmetrical designs.
style inspired said... (5/30/12 6:03 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. It looks very nice on you. Without your photos I would have never picked up on the side drapes from the line drawing. I find Lynn's designs so interesting but hesitate to make them up because of the loose fit- not sure how it would look on someone on the smaller side without a lot of curves.
Renata said... (5/30/12 5:51 PM) Reply
You always make these unusual patterns look so mainstream that I need to buy them. This one is no different. I love all your garments.
marthamyers said... (5/30/12 3:12 PM) Reply
Great artistic flair. I wonder - do I have this pattern, or do I need it? It's got to be one or the other. Nice top!
marec said... (5/30/12 12:40 PM) Reply
This is such a cool shirt on you. For myself, I love these in theory, but get lost in altering all the components for petite. Your results are so lovely.
lcdrbetty said... (5/30/12 12:16 PM) Reply
A very interesting pattern! Linen was the perfect fabric for this shirt, as it looks lovely & drapes beautifully. Love it with jeans!
duckbucket said... (5/30/12 9:17 AM) Reply
Love that shirt! It looks great on you. (And I know what you mean -- I also go for anything asymmetrical. I might have to try this one!)
Ripple Dandelion said... (5/30/12 6:55 AM) Reply
Wonderful shirt! I am short and I understand your concern about the oversized-ness, but from the pictures it looks graceful and cool, not sack-like. Really like it on you a lot!

by: petro