J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt
You'll learn :
  • 5 Different Bias Hemming Techniques
  • Working with a variety of fabrics
  • Matching stripes
  • Lining a bias skirt
  • Inserting a ripple free zipper
  • All with the help of HD video which you can play over and over again as many times as you want. Blog Announcements with more photos ">Put it on the Bias Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2690 (Swimsuit)

Reviewed by:lovenicky

About lovenickystar
CANADA
Member since: 5/1/08
Posted on:6/10/12 10:42 PM
Last Updated:6/10/12 10:44 PM

See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
persevering said... (6/13/12 7:19 PM) Reply
Your clarification is greatly appreciated! :)
lovenicky said... (6/13/12 1:33 PM) Reply
To persevering: Yes you are right. I treated it like an interlining.
persevering said... (6/13/12 1:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for your explanation ... however I've read it several times and am still not clear ... are you using the lining sort of like interlining, that is treating the 2 layers like 1, then sewing their side seams together?
olybinewski said... (6/11/12 3:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful job! And THANK YOU for posting a pic of you in the suit... can't express how much that is appreciated. I really like the style and the line drawing didn't give me the impression it could look like this. Lovely work.
JEF said... (6/11/12 2:08 PM) Reply
Excellent suit!
lovenicky said... (6/11/12 12:55 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies for your comments! To:persevering - I just sewed the front body and the back together for both the lining and the outside part, then machine basted those pieces together before joining the bodice part to the whole thing. Then I sewed the side seams together. After that I added the elastics to the top edge, and the leg holes. Because I had 2 layers of fabric together, it made it a bit more troublesome to zig-zag the elastic onto the leg holes. If you look inside the suit you'll see how messy the leg holes are. At the end I applied the straps and adjust it to my liking. That's all! Hope this helps!
sewmaris said... (6/11/12 11:33 AM) Reply
Nice job! I made a couple of million swimsuits when my youngest daughter was on swim team. Once you learn to manage the fashion fabric, lining, and elastic, the actual construction is easy and quick. Looks great on you - a perfect style for you - I hope you enjoy wearing it!
kittykate said... (6/11/12 11:19 AM) Reply
Nice job!
Teeavilnor said... (6/11/12 9:33 AM) Reply
Very Nice, you did a great job.
persevering said... (6/11/12 9:31 AM) Reply
Awesome! Congratulations! Can you please advise me regarding your lining? I read that you used the same fabric ... Can you tell me did you just sew the 2 layers as 1 or what? (My own UFO cut out swimsuit has been lying in a box for a long time and would really like to get on with it. So your reply can really help me.) Thank you.
canei said... (6/11/12 8:52 AM) Reply
Very nice!!! Looks great on you.
arianamaniacs said... (6/11/12 2:36 AM) Reply
Wow! looks very professional and what a great fit!
LynnRowe said... (6/11/12 0:14 AM) Reply
CONGRATS to you!!! Nope, you will never need to bother with RTW swimsuits ever again! Yours looks fabulous, way to go!

All About Linings