Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8648 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:jlg

About jlgstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/03
Posted on:10/14/12 9:54 PM
Last Updated:10/14/12 10:16 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
sastubbs said... (7/21/14 8:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress - outstanding craftsmanship.
slmstyle said... (3/4/14 4:55 PM) Reply
Love this dress! I'll bet the construction is superb after following Susan Khalje's Couture Sewing class! I also made a dress from this same Oscar de la Renta fabric and agree that it is fabulous! I hope you've created an occasion to wear it and show it off!
ceejayem said... (2/1/14 10:03 AM) Reply
It looks stunning. I ogled that fabric many times on the internet, it is to die for, without question and worth the cost. Great to see it put to such good use. I have that pattern as a result of the Craftsy course, but before seeing some of the PR versions had dismissed it as frumpy.
ceejayem said... (6/7/13 6:04 AM) Reply
Wow. I have bought this class as well and have to date just been looking at it on the laptop.... it's really encouraging to see your result. Also love that fabric. Beautiful workmanship!
sdp717 said... (12/10/12 0:39 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful! I know you feel a sense of accomplishment when you wear it.
jlg said... (10/22/12 7:13 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments.
valgal said... (10/19/12 10:00 PM) Reply
Love your dress and great job
sew2little said... (10/19/12 0:59 AM) Reply
I am still wondering if I'll ever have the patience to undertake a project like this. Seeing your beautiful results might make me a believer.
papago said... (10/18/12 4:44 PM) Reply
Fantastic!!
SavageCoco said... (10/17/12 11:24 PM) Reply
Absolutely outstanding. No where to wear it? If you make it, you will go!
MamaSewing said... (10/15/12 11:23 PM) Reply
I love the fabric on you, what an accomplishment. The dress is simply beautiful!
Margie T said... (10/15/12 9:02 PM) Reply
Stunning!
cleverkitty said... (10/15/12 7:16 PM) Reply
jlg you sewed this just beautifully, all your creations are just perfect. You made me laugh when you said " I have absolutely nowhere to wear it" I don't need half of what I make but I'm not about to stop. I look at it as art work, each piece is hand crafted. Striving for perfection is very satisfying. You need to change your sewing skill to Advance :)
Opals Passions said... (10/15/12 6:06 PM) Reply
Great workmanship and the fabric is just beautiful.
prostheticsgirl said... (10/15/12 5:53 PM) Reply
Wow, it looks gorgeous and I LOVE your fabric!! I think your decision to make the front midriff one piece was a great change. I think the center seam would have detracted from your amazing fabric
ArtAttack said... (10/15/12 2:43 PM) Reply
This is adorable!! I love the full skirt. The fabric is awesome and a totally great look on you!
ChristineX said... (10/15/12 1:35 PM) Reply
Ooh, great dress!
Meg at Mood said... (10/15/12 9:36 AM) Reply
You did a fantastic job! The fabric you chose is a staff favorite here at Mood. We just think it's so lovely, and you look fantastic in it.
blessedtosew said... (10/15/12 9:23 AM) Reply
That fabric is just stunning!! I put in on my wish list awhile back. Your dress is really beautiful.
lakaribane said... (10/15/12 8:50 AM) Reply
Wow, that is some serious fitting in the bodice, I love it!!! I would wear it watching tv, if I had too!
Woolygal said... (10/15/12 8:36 AM) Reply
Perfection!
Sewmissy2 said... (10/15/12 7:54 AM) Reply
Oh it is breathtaking! You did a lovely job. I have this class too and, like you, am wondering where I would wear this dress. But just the class is so worth doing for the learning experience. I like that you chose the circle skirt, I have been considering the same. It is so flattering and pretty on you. You are an inspiration to me to get back to the class.
GoodbyeValntino said... (10/15/12 7:53 AM) Reply
If you don't have a place to wear that dress, I'll find one for you - it is a knockout!
sj3663 said... (10/15/12 6:44 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!! The fit is wonderful. I'm watching the class through and thinking about what fabric I'd like to use. Yours is so lovely! Great job.
mm said... (10/15/12 6:09 AM) Reply
What a fantastic dress.
Squidgeebabe said... (10/15/12 4:04 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Well worth the effort!
ell-in-or said... (10/15/12 1:29 AM) Reply
What a beautiful perfectly fitting dress. You just need someone to have a garden wedding!
Immelu said... (10/15/12 0:59 AM) Reply
That's gorgeous!!!! I love the fabric!!! I'm taking the class, but am still gathering materials and watching the rest of the lessons. I haven't even picked out my fashion fabric yet. I hope my finished product turns out as well as yours!!! Great job!!!
Judy Kski said... (10/15/12 0:51 AM) Reply
Wow! You look fabulous in your new dress. You can tell that a lot of time and effort was put into the construction of this garment. I'm sure you'll find just the right place to wear it very soon.
persevering said... (10/15/12 0:02 AM) Reply
Everything about this dress is beautiful - Congratulations!
PattyE said... (10/15/12 0:01 AM) Reply
It's beautiful. The perfect occasion will come along. I bought that dress class too but have not yet done it.
SewWil said... (10/14/12 11:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!!! I'm sure you will find many occasions to wear this dress and when you do you will receive many compliments on it. Great job.
Jrhee said... (10/14/12 11:33 PM) Reply
Stunning dress! I'm sure the right occasion will come along, and then you'll have the perfect dress!
Aixoise said... (10/14/12 11:24 PM) Reply
What a wonderful dress. I salute you for conquering silk charmeuse and for taking the time to achieve perfection according to Susan Khalje. You will wear this. Count on it.
Jstarr4250 said... (10/14/12 10:53 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your accomplishment. It's truly beautiful on you and I predict you will wear it more than you may think!
jenleeC said... (10/14/12 10:42 PM) Reply
Wonderful...wear it shopping, wear it to the beach, hey, wear it anywhere! Beautiful dress and workmanship...it looks fabulous on you.

by: KathleenS