Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8813 (Misses' Dress )

Reviewed by:cocosloft

Last Updated:6/19/12 6:19 PM
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $30.00 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $30.00 Pattern Details
Mandolin82 said... (7/17/12 0:29 AM) Reply
I'd been wondering how this would work as a maxi/midi dress. Your review (and blog) were VERY helpful. Thanks!
Sar sews said... (6/22/12 6:06 AM) Reply
Looks great, and many thanks for construction comments.
cocosloft said... (6/22/12 0:46 AM) Reply
All of you are so wonderful, I have apologized to my dress for any doubts I may have had...thank you!
threaddy said... (6/21/12 10:01 PM) Reply
How did you get the shoes to match? The dress is absolutely Escadaesque. The combination of fabrics came off perfectly. I am most impressed
1SewSweet said... (6/21/12 8:10 PM) Reply
Coco you may have been on the fence with this one, but as usual, you knocked this one out of the park!!! I would love to take this off your hands! Gorgeous!
GoodbyeValntino said... (6/20/12 7:19 PM) Reply
I really love the long casual dresses you make. This one included! Thanks for the review.
Merche said... (6/20/12 1:11 PM) Reply
Those fabrics are so unique. Your review is really good!
Karine said... (6/20/12 8:23 AM) Reply
Very helpful review - thank you!!! I love your dress - your choice of fabric seems perfect for the style - both the coordinating prints and the woven cotton. I especially like the length - it is much more flattering.
Kathy7661 said... (6/20/12 8:01 AM) Reply
Lovely dress and a well written review!
Fran G said... (6/20/12 7:13 AM) Reply
Very charming version of this dress! You have a wonderful "eye" for fabric selection. I especially appreciate your detailed instructions regarding the shirring section of this dress. Thanks!
mm said... (6/19/12 11:03 PM) Reply
Great summer dress.
JillyBe said... (6/19/12 10:24 PM) Reply
This pattern is winging its way to me, and I'll definitely refer to your very helpful review when I'm ready to sew it :) Love your print fabrics, and that you were so successful at doing it in a woven. Great job!
zoe said... (6/19/12 10:06 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! Love the Matisse influence in your fabric.
cocosloft said... (6/19/12 8:56 PM) Reply
Thank you all, such nice compliments. I want to lend you my dress or have you over for lemonade or both!
CSY said... (6/19/12 8:48 PM) Reply
Coco, I went to your blog and completely enjoyed it! Your take on the dress is wonderful and I loved and appreciated your technical construction upgrades to it. Thanks for posting.
Claverie said... (6/19/12 8:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for doing this review. I, too, much prefer cotton and wondered just how well it would perform in this pattern. Your dress is absolutely something to study. I like your take on it. Thanks for the pointers, too.
FreyaStark said... (6/19/12 8:32 PM) Reply
Lovely! The way you've worked your inspirations into the finished dress is clever, and you've made the dress look nicer and more appealing than the envelope illustration.
Renata said... (6/19/12 7:53 PM) Reply
Looks like a perfect humid summer dress. I love the fabric, I love the dress.
RadarRadiance said... (6/19/12 7:39 PM) Reply
Looks great, what a fun dress to wear. Enjoyed your blog!
MarshaG. said... (6/19/12 6:57 PM) Reply
Your version of this dress is my absolute favorite! The use of two coordinating prints really makes the dress. I like your version enough to want one for myself, and I'm not normally one to make the more loosely fitted garments. Thanks for your review!

Sewing Workshop 8th Avenue Skirt Pattern