Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6807 (Misses Easy Two-Hour Knit Tops)

Review submitted in Pattern Stash 2012 Contest
Reviewed by:Sherril Miller

About Sherril Millerstarstarstarstar
Posted on:7/21/12 10:36 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
goosegreen said... (9/1/12 11:12 PM) Reply
I'm a bit late to the party but I just found your review after considering this pattern for myself. I always appreciate your views as I think we are similar in shape. :)
OP Gal said... (7/23/12 11:10 PM) Reply
Pretty top. I love the fabric. You have some great printed knit fabric in your stash. Can I come shop? : ) Good job and great review, as usual.
JEF said... (7/22/12 8:31 PM) Reply
Love the fabric and think the neckline is pretty.
Sherril Miller said... (7/22/12 12:52 PM) Reply
When I added to center front for a cheater FBA, I still used the original length for the binding, pulling the extra width into the gathers. That way, it didn't affect the neckline at all. However, adding to center front, without using pleats, gathers, or some other way to keep the neckline the original size will make the neckline too large.
Denise L Perry said... (7/22/12 6:54 AM) Reply
I am interested in your "cheater" FBA of placing the center front away from the fold. Wouldn't that have the effect of enlarging the neckline? I only ask because I recently thought of doing the same thing on another pattern, but thought it would change the neckline too much. Glad I didn't, because the neckline was falling off my shoulders anyway.
jlg said... (7/22/12 5:57 AM) Reply
This looks great on you. The neckline is very becoming in the photo, but I'm with you about not enjoying low, wide necklines. Thanks for the review.
Schnauzer said... (7/22/12 3:42 AM) Reply
Very pretty top Sherril. It looks really lovely on you.
brissie71 said... (7/22/12 0:32 AM) Reply
The fabric in this one is beautiful and I can just picture it with the skirt and boots. You'll look fabulous! Another winner, Sherril.

Understanding Knit Fabrics