Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5558 (Misses' Dress and Belt)

Reviewed by:prttynpnk

About prttynpnkstarstarstar
SC USA
Member since: 6/28/11
Posted on:8/3/12 8:15 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories
no7262 said... (8/4/12 3:00 PM) Reply
Yours looks so nice! Nora :)
petro said... (8/4/12 12:54 PM) Reply
I like your version better too. Like the sleeves, like the simple skirt with it, like the fabric choice. I think it would stand another make, it has a classic feel to it, different print next time?
GoodbyeValntino said... (8/4/12 11:53 AM) Reply
I love everything about this! You nailed it and I think you should make another one.
SewWil said... (8/4/12 0:13 AM) Reply
Well done! I like your fabric choice.
annelouise said... (8/3/12 10:39 PM) Reply
I think your version looks better than the one on the pattern, well done
prttynpnk said... (8/3/12 8:42 PM) Reply
I used an old new look sleeve pattern, my tnt sleevelet!
Amanda.Claire said... (8/3/12 4:42 PM) Reply
I love your interpretation. Did you use sleevelets from another pattern or did you draft them all by your self?
Kuby said... (8/3/12 12:11 PM) Reply
I love the way the dress looks on you! You interpretation is so much nicer then the original style. The fabric choice is perfect. WTG!!
Liz in Cville said... (8/3/12 11:08 AM) Reply
How clever of you to remove all those annoying pleats, and thanks for sharing! They really look uncomfortable on the pattern envelope. Also, love your use of coordinating prints. Dang it! I hate sewing with quilting cotton, but you make it so tempting. Is that actual drape I see?!
Carol Tillis said... (8/3/12 11:00 AM) Reply
I love it!
zoe said... (8/3/12 10:21 AM) Reply
How smart to adjust the pattern to your preferences by using the lining pieces. It looks wonderful on you! I really like your fabric. I think you should make another too. I just love your blog!
Living Beauty said... (8/3/12 9:52 AM) Reply
Very cute! You look so stylish!
prostheticsgirl said... (8/3/12 8:55 AM) Reply
Yours is much better than the pattern envelope! Agree with RebeccaD, when I saw the pattern I was put off by the massive quantity of pleats. I have practically no hips and still wouldn't be able to wear something like that. Congrats on making it quite lovely
Rebecca D said... (8/3/12 8:46 AM) Reply
Love this on you and, you ain't asking, but I would make another. It's great with your leggings, you look cool, chic and modern. Great fabric. When I saw the pattern envelope, I thought "e gad all those pleats." Love the modification.

Marfy 2264