Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 9771 (Misses Blouse)

Reviewed by:GoodbyeValntino

About GoodbyeValntinostarstarstarstar
SC USA
Member since: 9/18/11
Posted on:7/30/12 8:55 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
nancyjc said... (9/7/14 9:41 PM) Reply
I found the same issue with this pattern. I also was disappointed with the neckline of my finished top compared to the illustration. Fortunately, I used some leftover material from another project so I wasn't out any money and I have actually worn it a number of times. It's a nice top just not what I was expecting.
AndreaSews said... (10/5/13 1:56 PM) Reply
I agree that all the sewn versions I have seen here on PR have a much different neckline than the illustration on the pattern. Disappointing, but a good lesson to check reviews! Thanks for your honest review, Sarah.
VivianZ said... (7/31/12 9:56 AM) Reply
I very much like this top. I am sorry you were disappointed by the neckline, but it is a lovely top. Seeing the drape on this is good. I find most of them way too low, which doesn't show on 6' tall models.
DRoos said... (7/31/12 4:30 AM) Reply
Agree ! lovely top but not really like the illustration. Is it me or is this becoming a common problem with the Big 4. I've had a few similar disappointments in recent times.
SavageCoco said... (7/31/12 0:02 AM) Reply
Oh, this is really pretty on you. Beautiful fit. Camel and white is so chic in the summer. Yeah, the draped neck is different from the pattern drawing. But everything you make is so gorgeous. Enjoy it!
SewWil said... (7/30/12 6:48 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern I was wondering about that drate on the pattern. Your top is pretty and looks very nice on you.
velosewer said... (7/30/12 5:07 PM) Reply
Butterick 4132 might be more suitable for you. Your version is lovely. The Butterick version has a lower neckline without being showy.
Elona said... (7/30/12 1:41 PM) Reply
The top is beautiful and looks beautiful on you. As to its lack of resemblance to the illustration on the pattern envelope, I've just been through the 20 (!) other reviews here at pr, and some of the tops look *exactly* like that drawing and others do not. I'd be willing to bet that the primary factor in the outcome is the drapiness of the fabric chosen. But that's true of any garment, bias or straight grain. On the whole, this appears to be an unusually fine and well-liked pattern, in spite of Vogue's decision to use a drawing on the envelope instead of a photo.
frame said... (7/30/12 12:19 PM) Reply
Different types of fabric will drape differently. Yours looks much more like the line drawing and in my opinion better than the fashion rendering.
CissieW said... (7/30/12 11:46 AM) Reply
I had the same thought when I made this top. The drape in the illustration and the actual drape were quite different. I agree -- always buy patterns that actually show the garment on a person!
zoe said... (7/30/12 10:54 AM) Reply
I think this looks beautiful (even though the drape is somewhat different than the pattern drawing); not 'boring' or 'too sensible' at all as you say. It looks classic, with simple, clean lines; and I love the dot silk fabric. But then everything you've shown us always looks so good on you. I'm picturing it with a skirt and low gold sandals.
Peggyscloset said... (7/30/12 10:28 AM) Reply
This is a very pretty top, but I agree that the draped neck is significantly different from the pattern drawing.
ArtAttack said... (7/30/12 10:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful top but, as you say, nothing like the rendering on the pattern. Thanks for the heads up...was thinking of this one when they go on sale.
CypGrl said... (7/30/12 9:22 AM) Reply
Appreciate your candor and comment about seeing a finished garment.

Kwik Sew 2974