Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1247 (Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:sunnysewer

About sunnysewerstarstarstarstar
Member since: 8/3/09

Best Patterns of 2011
Posted on:8/8/12 9:45 PM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts

Other Projects by sunnysewer using this Pattern

trumbelina said... (8/10/12 5:36 PM) Reply
I've been nervous about using this pattern and have had it in the stash for a while. Now that I know what you did to make it less sack-like, I think I feel comfortable tackling it. Thanks!!
Elke said... (8/10/12 8:04 AM) Reply
Very cute top and skirt! I like your fitting changes...very helpful! Thanks!
AngelynnK said... (8/9/12 4:25 PM) Reply
I like the top, and the way you took out some of the width to make it less bulky. It's pretty!
sewbehind said... (8/9/12 11:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful version of this pattern. I love the changes that you made to it. Makes it more wearable. Looks great on you.
cleverkitty said... (8/9/12 9:35 AM) Reply
this pattern has caused much controversy between it's style and the physique wearing it, I agree with you on all regards to it's appearance, you want it to work because it is a change from the fitted look we like but we don't want to go so far as looking like we could have made two tops from it. All the darts and tucks tease you into thinking it could look semi fitted, if it had none we would have walked away from it. Quirky as it is I like it and do feel it needs personal adjustments. I also thought the same as you about the skirt seams, I did some of the binding on the inside but not all. Your whole look, skirt and top look FANTASTIC . That denim fabric I'm lusting for it but not as much as your flowers :)
Lori V said... (8/9/12 8:30 AM) Reply
Super cute, outfit. I just finished making this top.
a life in stitches said... (8/9/12 7:33 AM) Reply
I think the two pieces make a great outfit. The top I made from this pattern has become my favourite for hot days, hope you come to like yours more. I like your blog review details too - and believe I may have that same day lily in my garden (variety 'Catherine Woodbury' ?)
Elona said... (8/8/12 10:42 PM) Reply
Awww, cute top! Really. When do you ever--and I mean EVER--find a woven tee that looks this terrific?
renren said... (8/8/12 10:09 PM) Reply
As soon as I saw it I said, "That looks like a 1247." It causes everyone to strike a similar pose. I gasped at the beauty of the inside of your skirt on the blog piece. And that top fabric. Wow. I love this. I have the pattern. Perhaps I shall sew it. I know I can sew the skirt but the top looks tricky. Great job.
Amanda.Claire said... (8/8/12 9:53 PM) Reply
Your shirt and skirt turned out really pretty. I struggled with how shapeless this pattern looked on me about a month ago. You really saved it with your changes to the pattern.

Victoria Jones Collection 309 Womens' Long Dress