Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3482 (Women Pants & Shorts)

Reviewed by:solveg

Posted on:8/15/12 2:52 PM
Last Updated:8/15/12 3:29 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
ltn said... (8/22/14 11:24 PM) Reply
I'm in the middle of sewing this pattern and am not having the same results. I chose the size according to my measurements and am now taking handfuls of fabric off the sides, the inseam, and the crotch. I will write a review when I finish the project.
ltn said... (8/8/14 7:41 PM) Reply
Can you give instructions on the underbutt dart? I can't quite figure out what you did and also have issues with too much butt fabric.
mssewcrazy said... (9/6/12 8:09 PM) Reply
I meant I don't have a successful pants pattern made up except for the petite plus one. I have a boat load of pants patterns that need muslin work.
mssewcrazy said... (9/6/12 8:07 PM) Reply
I think they look great. When you used the women's pattern, how did you feel size wise they compared to rtw. I haven't used one of those in pants yet as I don't really have a pattern. I got the petite plus done up and like them but probably need an underbutt dart as you call it. I am going to have to get this pattern you used.
Karla Kizer said... (8/19/12 7:36 AM) Reply
We have a winner!
Cuffs said... (8/17/12 10:16 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your great fitting pants! I will have to give that drawstring elastic a try. Thanks for the tips.
MNBarb said... (8/17/12 4:41 PM) Reply
Who would think this seemingly ordinary pattern would yield such great results. I love your linen pants! They have just the righ amount of ease to be flattering and not too tight. Yay for the MN lake photos. Congrats!
allycovey said... (8/16/12 4:58 PM) Reply
great job....
Dianne22 said... (8/16/12 11:52 AM) Reply
Great looking pants! Congratulations on working everything out. Very smart going about sewing the way you have.
crystalwoods said... (8/16/12 10:55 AM) Reply
What a great looking pair of pants - you nailed the fit - they are very flattering. I love the colour of the linen too, congrats.
Patti B said... (8/16/12 9:41 AM) Reply
Nice pants! Cool linen for summer -- perfect. And you've discovered that its hard to go wrong with KS's excellent instructions.
Vintage Joan said... (8/16/12 9:31 AM) Reply
Great pants, and I can tell by your joy how comfortable they are. :)
BeaJay said... (8/16/12 2:23 AM) Reply
Great job altering and sewing these pants. Looks like you have achieved a great fit. They look good on you.
brissie71 said... (8/15/12 11:03 PM) Reply
Fabulous work! Getting great fitting pants is a huge sewing milestone!
KathySews said... (8/15/12 5:46 PM) Reply
Your pants look terrific. We are always "tweaking" along with being our own worst critics. Seriously, these are a great fit.
solveg said... (8/15/12 5:11 PM) Reply
Well, I think the praise is too high, especially with the horrible photos, but I am well pleased. My guess is that pants are in a constant state of "tweaking".
Judy Kski said... (8/15/12 5:00 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your success. The fit is perfect.
Mufffet said... (8/15/12 4:54 PM) Reply
EXCELLENT results. Love that pattern on you. You are so lucky! No obvious fitting problems. Nice work!
marycds said... (8/15/12 3:32 PM) Reply
These pants look great. I like that they are not baggy in the thigh area but that seems more due to your tweaking that the pattern. Great job.

Sewing Workshop Haiku Two Pattern