Pattern Reviews> Serendipity Studio> 91  (Boutique Chic Sabrina Tunic)

Reviewed by:Jstarr4250

About Jstarr4250starstarstarstar
SC United States
Member since: 4/11/12
Posted on:8/17/12 3:11 PM
Last Updated:8/17/12 5:11 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Slouchy said... (4/22/15 3:35 PM) Reply
Such a stylish combo of fabrics and classy lining. It is very hard to see the gathers on the dummy...but can understand you want to avoid maternity look! Maybe the front is too flat for you and you would like more shape under the bust - Would darts and pleats change the gathers for you?
busymomof3 said... (12/22/12 11:34 PM) Reply
I love this!! I made a test version a couple of summers ago & disliked the gathered part & facings. Now I want to give it another try lining it & working the gathers out. Beautiful fabrics!!!
SavageCoco said... (8/18/12 9:01 AM) Reply
Gathers or no, it's a winner on the dress form! Gosh, you do beautiful work. LOVE seeing pics of the inside. I agree with SewWil - set it aside for a bit. Inspiration will strike when least expected!
SewWil said... (8/18/12 0:56 AM) Reply
Your top is beautiful. I like your fabric combination. Sometimes when I'm disappointed after sewing something I put it away for a while. When I pull it out I often see it differently.
marec said... (8/18/12 0:28 AM) Reply
That is beautiful...don't ditch it even if you are bugged by the gathering.
Knitters Delight said... (8/18/12 0:18 AM) Reply
Do whatever it takes to save this top - it is gorgeous fabric! lol
sewmodest said... (8/17/12 9:26 PM) Reply
Very nice top
Huntwoman said... (8/17/12 7:30 PM) Reply
I think it's gorgeous and would gladly wear it:) I have this pattern, so glad to see your review! I probably wouldn't have thought to do 2 fabrics like this but love the look.
ArtAttack said... (8/17/12 4:29 PM) Reply
Your fabric choice is stunningly beautiful! Might you be able to fold out the gathering and slim down the skirt? The shoulders and neckline are fabulous...I hope you learn to love it!
Danette in PA said... (8/17/12 4:02 PM) Reply
Your top is so cute, but I'm with you - gathers at the waist for me also seem like maternity. Thanks for the review.

by: cleverkitt...