Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6512 (Misses' Blouses)

Reviewed by:Lori V

About Lori Vstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/20/02
Posted on:8/23/12 3:19 PM
Last Updated:8/23/12 3:25 PM

2 Airedales n Me said... (8/25/12 11:36 AM) Reply
Really like how this pattern turned out and appreciate your good review. Thanks. I do think the back is a bit long - taking it up two inches would be just about right - still give the current fish-tail styling but not "too much". Adding the tabs would set it apart so if you like them and have them ready to add, why not pin a tab on one sleeve and decide what you prefer? It's a very cute look on you.
CynthiaSue said... (8/24/12 6:26 PM) Reply
I love the tabs. You do have a great figure! I think the very longish shirts look good with leggings and heels otherwise use a shorter version for other styling. Inglad you reviewed the patten. Now I know it's a go!
cleverkitty said... (8/24/12 9:28 AM) Reply
really looks great, the back longer gives it an undated cool look but cutting it off a bit in the back would give you a shape from the back. Don't hide your great figure :)
Dilliander said... (8/24/12 7:35 AM) Reply
So pretty, it looks great with the red pants.
SewWil said... (8/23/12 11:59 PM) Reply
Very pretty top! I like it with the pants. I've been wondering about this pattern. Thank you for the review.
imsewcrazy said... (8/23/12 7:26 PM) Reply
Very cute top!! Love the fabric!
Amanda.Claire said... (8/23/12 6:39 PM) Reply
Lori, your entire outfit looks great! Another pattern, I see for my pattern addiction.
RLL said... (8/23/12 5:47 PM) Reply
Oh how cute! I have the pattern and keep looking at it but that is as far as I get! I think, if it were me, I would take some off the back....but that is my personal preference. It is the style now so maybe leave it for now and take it off later when it is no longer the style.
BillieJean said... (8/23/12 5:33 PM) Reply
Really cute, but can't tell about the back. I suspect I'd cut it off some if it was mine.
Christas said... (8/23/12 5:11 PM) Reply
Really cute! Love it!
ArtAttack said... (8/23/12 4:38 PM) Reply
It may not be impressive on the mannequin but it sure is on you! Totally cute!
Aixoise said... (8/23/12 4:25 PM) Reply
I think the length is good, though can't see the back very well. Go with what you're comfortable with. Love the shirt - it looks way better on you than on the dress form.
KensingtonCrab said... (8/23/12 3:52 PM) Reply