Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8839 (Misses' Jacket)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:8/29/12 10:08 PM
Last Updated:8/29/12 11:10 PM
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

Sue Parrott said... (12/22/12 10:44 AM) Reply
I just love this! So adorable!
GumLeafDesigns said... (9/24/12 6:32 PM) Reply
I also wanted to use a fabric where both sides were interesting and provided the contrast, but appears to be very illusive. For my first try I gave up. Thank you for your review - very helpful. This will be my first garment with raw edges. Looking forward to getting started.
JillyBe said... (9/20/12 6:00 PM) Reply
Your color blocking and fabric choices are so elegant! I'm dying to make this jacket; your review is very helpful; especially since I'm afraid now that I'm realizing I probably have to give up on my initial fabric choice.
DorothyK said... (8/30/12 1:23 PM) Reply
That's a nice-looking jacket. What a brilliant idea to use color blocking. And yes, Marcy's fabric is to die for.
sewtime said... (8/30/12 11:40 AM) Reply
Wow! Beautifully made. Love the contrasting colors and the color is so cute!! Enjoy you fabulous new jacket!
VogueMistress said... (8/30/12 11:22 AM) Reply
Thanks for the informative review. This one is on my list for this fall.
marec said... (8/30/12 10:05 AM) Reply
Your version of this cardi is so pretty and just right for your wardrobe. I like the bands of color and the drape of the double collar is perfect. Excellent review with lots of tips on how best too make this up-thank you.
cleverkitty said... (8/30/12 8:52 AM) Reply
your jacket is so sharp and that Marcy Tilton fabric would be excellent for this pattern.
2 Airedales n Me said... (8/30/12 1:24 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks just great on you - classic colorways, intriguing color-blocking and an artful pattern. Great combo. Thanks for the review - this is on my "stack" but now that I've read your review I'll be very careful with my fabric selection.
Annette1 said... (8/30/12 0:25 AM) Reply
Oh, my, SO NICE in your contrasting fabrics, and I too really like that it has the double collar. Your info on the use of a woven fabric is very useful. (That would be something I'd try WITHOUT the use of a muslin -- ha!) Oh, and the fabric you linked on Marcy Tilton's site, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I saw that the other day and have DREAMED of it ever since. :o)
MaryDB said... (8/30/12 0:18 AM) Reply
I'm glad to see this pattern made up! Nice work, looks great on you. Looks like a fun jacket.

Understanding Knit Fabrics