Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6604 (Misses' Tops)

Reviewed by:ArtAttack

About ArtAttackstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/11/11
Posted on:9/15/12 8:40 PM

carolynw said... (9/16/12 12:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - have this pattern but so far have not been very motivated to use - will keep your comments in mind if I ever get to it - love your pose
ArtAttack said... (9/16/12 11:25 AM) Reply
Thanks for the comments everyone. Several of you have mentioned the fabric making a difference in the collar being more prominant but I don't think that would matter. My fabric, although sheer, is very crisp and I used a mid-weight interfacting with body. The collar is just tiny, too small to offset the effect of a large cowl. Some crafty person out there could probably enlarge it but it won't be me! Thanks again for the input...
Wino said... (9/16/12 9:14 AM) Reply
Thanks! This is in my stash-I wonder if a crisper fabric would help with the collar issues?
cocosloft said... (9/16/12 8:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, good comments! And I do love your model pose!
QuikSew said... (9/16/12 6:47 AM) Reply
I keep having trouble with cowl neck patterns. The cowls seem goofy. Thanks for posting the review anyway; I will steer clear of another cowl dud.
velosewer said... (9/16/12 3:13 AM) Reply
I do understand the 'fake smile'. Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I was also checking this out, but I won't now. I appreciate your efforts.
pdiddly said... (9/16/12 2:31 AM) Reply
lucky you muslined the top first, however, despite the collar problem, I like the effect. Could you make it without the collar? cute/funny poses
joycea said... (9/16/12 0:24 AM) Reply
I often steer away from cowl collars due to the issues you mentioned. Could some of the problem be the fabric? I have though sewn some things from a Sandra Benzina pattern and it looked exactly like the pic but somehow it just didn't look right on me...very frustrating when you spend the money and the time.
SewWil said... (9/15/12 10:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for taking the time to review this. I've been eyeing this pattern but will pass on it based on your review. I like the "fake smile" picture.
Amanda.Claire said... (9/15/12 9:57 PM) Reply
I really like the sheer fabric and your red jeans peeking through. Too bad it did not turn out like you wanted. Thanks for putting this in the data base anyway. :)

Learn to Sew a Shirt or Blouse DVD