Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers
J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt
You'll learn :
  • 5 Different Bias Hemming Techniques
  • Working with a variety of fabrics
  • Matching stripes
  • Lining a bias skirt
  • Inserting a ripple free zipper
  • All with the help of HD video which you can play over and over again as many times as you want. Blog Announcements with more photos ">Put it on the Bias Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Manequim Magazine> 04-2012-216 (Cowl Sleeve Tank)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:9/28/12 9:52 AM

imsewcrazy said... (9/29/12 10:06 AM) Reply
I like this top a lot!!! Very cool! I like the drape on the side and back. I don't think the front is plain at all. I like the pleat in front. I think less is more.
Merche said... (9/29/12 5:49 AM) Reply
You´ve just made a really cool, different, interenting top! Love the fabric too, very adequate to the pattern. Love it!
Terri A said... (9/29/12 0:45 AM) Reply
This is really cool! Love it! From a design perspective, you wouldn't want the front to pull attention from the gorgeousness of the design features. This looks really nice. I hope you wear it a lot.
ChristmasHills said... (9/28/12 7:43 PM) Reply
I like it on you too. The plain front makes it more fun when you turn and move and reveal that oh so dramatic side drape and fluid back.
madebyj said... (9/28/12 5:24 PM) Reply
It is an interesting pattern, and I think it has worked just fine for you.
SewWil said... (9/28/12 4:06 PM) Reply
Not blah at all! I love the armscye drape a lot. I think it will grow on you after a while.
petro said... (9/28/12 1:30 PM) Reply
I think it does work. The side drapes are interesting, and the front, though plainish, makes a nice contrast with the drapes. I think it may grow on you.
Mufffet said... (9/28/12 1:23 PM) Reply
WOW, nice! Looks very good on you. Interesting pattern. I like it on you, but probably it isn't one that would lend itself to me for sure! :)
michellep74 said... (9/28/12 1:17 PM) Reply
I think it's a really interesting top--not so much "plain" as it s a different style from what you usually sew. Maybe tuck this one away for a little while and see if it grows on you?
Dynamo said... (9/28/12 10:33 AM) Reply
Very interesting top. I've never seen anything like it, and I rather like it. I don't think the photos look bad at all, I think you're being a bit hard on yourself and your top! Maybe it would look a little less 'plain' if you used a print. This is the first time I've heard of Mannequim so thanks for posting your review.

by: Passion4Se...

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Paradiso Designs Carry-All Shoulder Bag Pattern