Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6163 (Misses'/Women's Dresses and Sash)

Reviewed by:Jstarr4250

About Jstarr4250starstarstarstar
SC United States
Member since: 4/11/12
Posted on:9/28/12 11:07 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Sue Parrott said... (7/29/13 2:53 PM) Reply
Love this dress on you! I am thinking I will have to whip this up. :)
ceejayem said... (4/13/13 10:41 AM) Reply
It looks great and I agree, one of the great things about many posts is that you can evaluate the impact of different fabrics and prints, so thanks for posting. I have been considering a bordered paisley and it's tempting to apply it to this dress having seen yours.
GoodbyeValntino said... (10/6/12 9:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I was ready to buy the fabric until I read your review. Regardless of the difficulties you faced, you made a true winner!
imsewcrazy said... (9/29/12 10:43 AM) Reply
I love this dress. It looks great on you. I planned on making this dress as my next project.
pdiddly said... (9/29/12 4:38 AM) Reply
your version looks so much nicer than any on the pattern cover
Scheri said... (9/29/12 3:32 AM) Reply
Fits you very nicely
Elke said... (9/29/12 0:06 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress and I like your color choice!
slmstyle said... (9/28/12 10:31 PM) Reply
Great job on this dress! Sorry about your fabric issues. I look forward to your black version, I'm sure it will be a great addition your wardrobe.
margy.64 said... (9/28/12 8:14 PM) Reply
Very flattering dress. Sorry you had all the issues with the fabric. Glad that you persevered as the finished result looks fantastic. I have this pattern on order. Can't wait to make it up.
madebyj said... (9/28/12 5:16 PM) Reply
Finished dress style and colour looks super on you!
Dynamo said... (9/28/12 3:18 PM) Reply
I love this paisley-esque print. It is so pretty. Too bad it gave you such a hard time, but only you see the insides!
SewWil said... (9/28/12 2:38 PM) Reply
You have reminded me how much I love this pattern. I need to dig it out. Your dress looks great! Only you know what the inside looks like. I agree the colors are beautiful.
ArtAttack said... (9/28/12 12:37 PM) Reply
This is adorable!! Who cares what the inside looks're not being graded...upward and onward! You've inspired me to get this pattern! Thanks and keep the great reviews coming!
KensingtonCrab said... (9/28/12 12:24 PM) Reply
You look fab-boo and love the fabric to pattern! So sorry for the mishaps--how frustrating but great results!
persevering said... (9/28/12 12:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review...please keep posting regardless of how many other reviews are out've shared fabulous info with those of me...who learn by your experiences ....and are inspired with your end's all helpful...btw, your dress does look amazing, Congratulations!
Jstarr4250 said... (9/28/12 11:52 AM) Reply
Thank you! The beauty is definitely not on the inside on this one, I'm afraid.
prostheticsgirl said... (9/28/12 11:42 AM) Reply