Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7937 (Misses Skirts)

Reviewed by:Shona

About Shonastar
BC CANADA
Member since: 11/9/02
Posted on:1/21/05 10:12 PM
Last Updated:1/21/05 10:12 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
KiwiWendy said... (6/25/07 9:22 PM) Reply
Love your suede skirt. I rushed out & bought this pattern on the Sunday, after seeing it on Saturday. The person who made it had piped all the back seams and it was wonderful. Not so happy to hear that everyone has found the waist to be too big, cos taking it in is one of my standard alterations.
Danvillegirl said... (1/23/05 12:58 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks very nice. I have been considering this pattern. thanks for the helpful review.
SandraB said... (1/22/05 7:49 PM) Reply
What a lovely skirt.
Koushite said... (1/22/05 2:56 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this skirt and especially view D! I've been looking at the pattern for weeks and just ordered it yesterday. I'm planning to make it in a wool crepe and pair it with one of the newer shorter jacket patterns. I think it'll make a nice dress suit -- perhaps for a special occasion due to that fancy draped back on view D.
Maija said... (1/22/05 11:07 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review - I have this pattern cut out and ready to sew, so it's great to know all this ahead of time.
AnneM said... (1/22/05 10:50 AM) Reply
I have this one on my wish list already. I like it. Thanks for all the information.
Shona said... (1/22/05 10:40 AM) Reply
Martha, interesting idea but the many pieces are shaped so you would have to recut all of them, particularly the front ones, to eliminate the hip curve. That could be a little tedious.... mag, I wore mine to work with a matching jacket.
Gigi Louis said... (1/22/05 9:16 AM) Reply
What a beautiful skirt. I love the detail in the back.
mag said... (1/22/05 8:17 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I also recently acquired this pattern and would like to try the style with the pleats in the back. I never thought of using the imitation suede for this; clever idea. The back of the skirt is sultry. (I wonder if I could get away with wearing something like that to work.)
VtMartha said... (1/22/05 7:24 AM) Reply
Lovely skirt and a great review, Shona. I have a larger waist to hip ratio than the 'model' figure. I'm wondering how much I can ease into an elastic waistband (thus eliminating the zipper) and still have it look tailored. Without the zip it seems like you could adjust the length (and front to back balance) at the waist. Does this make sense? Thanks for posting.
jlg said... (1/22/05 5:13 AM) Reply
Your skirt looks very nice. Very helpful review.
zoezmommy said... (1/22/05 4:36 AM) Reply
Great review! I have this pattern and your comments will be particularly useful when I use it! Thanks.
PegL said... (1/21/05 11:08 PM) Reply
Pretty skirt Shona! Informative review too. I find it really frustrating that so many patterns have notches that don't correspond to any others! It leaves me scratching my head in confusion! LOL

Understanding Wool Fabrics