Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2005-108 (WOF #108 B)

Reviewed by:kellyt

About kellytstar
WA United States
Member since: 8/18/02
Posted on:1/22/05 11:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Nancy K said... (2/27/06 8:15 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I keep looking at the pattern and thinking how can I make this work for me. It is a very flattering top with that bit of difference that makes it special
Katharine in BXL said... (5/8/05 4:02 AM) Reply
I made this, and my dart points stick out too. Maybe we both didn't taper enough, or it's not well drafted. You can sew up the front keyhole a bit and wear a bra with it--I did that, and it works. Thank you for saying an interlock is not good. I was thinking of making another in that, so you saved me from a wadder! Thank you!
Gigi Louis said... (3/13/05 8:58 AM) Reply
Somehow I missed your review - what a beautiful top! Now, I'm one of those people who like a nice open neckline. Thanks to your review I can see that I am going to have to raise it up a bit when I make this top. Vavavavoom!
Tesla121 said... (1/25/05 2:52 PM) Reply
You look great in this top!!!
Danvillegirl said... (1/24/05 6:36 PM) Reply
Top looks vavoom on you. I can't wear something like that but looks good on you.
Gloria Allender said... (1/24/05 8:34 AM) Reply
Kellyt, this looks great on you. I stayed away from this garment because I knew you wouldn't be able to wear a bra and I am just too droopy not to. But you look awesome.
lilhoney57 said... (1/24/05 8:22 AM) Reply
This just moved up on my "Gotta Make" . You look awesome!
SandraB said... (1/24/05 8:00 AM) Reply
This looks really nice on you Kelly. Thanks for confirming how low the neckline really is. I will save your review for when I make this top.
Kathy Russell said... (1/23/05 11:50 PM) Reply
You must be fast. I just barely finjnished scanning my magazine, let alone choosing and making something from this one. It looks good on you.
Rennie Ashby said... (1/23/05 12:57 PM) Reply
This has been on my 'must make list' since I got this issue. Thanks for the tips re: neckline. As is, this is called a 'Sewing Hardware Aquisition Uniform' at my house. ;-)
Mary Stiefer said... (1/23/05 11:34 AM) Reply
How daring and it looks fantastic on you.
SueV said... (1/23/05 10:57 AM) Reply
wow, looks really nice. Thanks for the review. I was eyeing this top in the recent Burda and now I know I'll hve to add to raise the neck. This looks great on you.
edube said... (1/23/05 10:57 AM) Reply
I have had my eye on this one too--but you confirmed that it is quite low-cut. How would it look with a camisole underneath? Now that I think of it, probably not a good idea since the top is pretty close-cut itself. I'm going to try it redrafting the neckline as well. But boy, it looks really good on you!
Sharon M said... (1/23/05 10:51 AM) Reply
Wow! - sexy little number. Thanks for the review!
ladylola said... (1/23/05 6:58 AM) Reply
Very pretty top. I like the style and the fabric you used. Looks good on you!
Vonnevo said... (1/23/05 5:49 AM) Reply
A very nice photo, fit and fabric. I have eyed this one off since I set eyes on it. Thank you for sharing with this very helpful review.
Eli said... (1/23/05 0:56 AM) Reply
I like how your top turned out! I had my eye on this pattern from the moment I saw it but am looking still for the right fabric. Thanks for the heads up about the fabric choice
Vivienne said... (1/23/05 0:35 AM) Reply
Hubba Hubba - this top looks gorgeous on you!

SewBaby Animal Wrappers Pattern