Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8833 (Misses' Blouse)

Reviewed by:GoodbyeValntino

About GoodbyeValntinostarstarstarstar
SC USA
Member since: 9/18/11
Posted on:10/17/12 8:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Other Projects by GoodbyeValntino using this Pattern

GoodbyeValntino said... (10/18/12 6:16 PM) Reply
Thank you, Levone! I don't dislike the top at all. I've just made too many garments in similar style especially wrapping with a ruffle. :)
Levone said... (10/18/12 3:53 PM) Reply
Ok, I am second guessing my taste based on some of the comments (read your blog) because I thought your shirt was beautiful at first glance. For some reason I can't 'see' the baseballs. Anyhow, I think it's a great looking top and it looks great on you!
prostheticsgirl said... (10/18/12 2:12 PM) Reply
I really like the pattern and have never noticed it before. I like how the tie is inserted into the princess seam vs the normal hole in the side seam. May have to pick this one up; thanks for the info on the sizing!
pdiddly said... (10/18/12 1:19 PM) Reply
I do love this pattern, and like it in the white too - your ruffles give it your signature.
MNBarb said... (10/18/12 11:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. This pattern caught my eye but I made a similar Burda pattern that was a dog. I'm not sure what you're seeing when you look at your photos but I see a great looking top.
NJcowgirl said... (10/18/12 8:29 AM) Reply
The color is terrific on you and it's great fit. The judges love it!
jlg said... (10/18/12 5:14 AM) Reply
I really like this.
SewWil said... (10/18/12 0:09 AM) Reply
One-trick pony?!!! I don't think so. Great print and I LOVE the ruffle.
Jrhee said... (10/17/12 11:57 PM) Reply
It is cute in the purple print! (I love your new blog look too!)
Immelu said... (10/17/12 10:44 PM) Reply
I think it's the ruffle.... This top would look fabulous on you in a solid with no ruffle - and you could have one in every color and not think a thing about it. Great fit!!
kv said... (10/17/12 9:39 PM) Reply
That top is really nice. I'm not a fan of quilting cottons for clothing-they just don't drape well.
GoodbyeValntino said... (10/17/12 9:06 PM) Reply
OK, ok!! I'm not really being hard on the garment. I'm just ready to learn new tricks ... and I can hear Michael Kors ......... :)
sewingsilly said... (10/17/12 8:56 PM) Reply
I wouldn't say "1 trick pony" at all. I think you know what styles flatter you and you look lovely in all of them!! Well done!!
ArtAttack said... (10/17/12 8:51 PM) Reply
It's cute...I think you're being too hard on yourself! The colors look great on you and it has ruffles...what's not to like?

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS