Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8795 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:JillyBe

About JillyBestarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/10
Posted on:10/21/12 8:42 PM
Last Updated:10/21/12 9:02 PM
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Mahogany Stylist said... (1/16/13 6:13 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Thank you for sharing the details of your adjustments. I will definitely consider a center back seam and lowering the sleeve cap for my next versions.
AuntieShel said... (10/23/12 8:35 AM) Reply
Wow, this is so fabulous on you!!! I admire your perseverance and it really paid off in a beautiful jacket with a perfect fit.
JillyBe said... (10/23/12 6:12 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for all of the lovely comments - they mean a lot! :D
carolynw said... (10/22/12 4:12 PM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous jacket - all the changes you made turned out a classic jacket that looks very high end RTW. Very helpful and very detailed review. Don't know if this is a new hair style for you but I love it - you look so "together"
DorothyK said... (10/22/12 9:58 AM) Reply
Jilly, you are so creative. This jacket is to die for. The look, especially with the MT pants, scarf, and hat are right on. You are such an inspiration. Thanks for the detailed review. I will definitely be referring to it when I make this pattern.
Eva Suzanne said... (10/22/12 8:05 AM) Reply
A great jacket!! It looks so stylish on you. Thank you for the detailed review.
cindyann said... (10/22/12 7:48 AM) Reply
What a cool jacket! All the changes you made to the pattern really made the fit terrific.
GoodbyeValntino said... (10/22/12 7:30 AM) Reply
A tough jacket for a tough girl! Thanks for the great review and congratulations on a beautiful result!
sfshaza said... (10/22/12 7:06 AM) Reply
Fabulous, Jillian! Very often the simple shapes do require more careful fitting. You nailed it. A perfect jacket!
lilikats said... (10/22/12 4:44 AM) Reply
Looks great! I have this pattern in my stash and am not brave enough to try it yet
pdiddly said... (10/22/12 3:41 AM) Reply
well worth the fitting efforts lovely looking jacket
goosegreen said... (10/22/12 2:07 AM) Reply
Looks fantastic!
marec said... (10/22/12 1:04 AM) Reply
This is a marvelous interpretation of Marcy's design. I love the jacket on you. Interesting that we came at this pattern so very differently and both have jackets that suit each of us :-)
Sharonspils said... (10/21/12 11:36 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket and so glad you persevered with the fit as it looks fantastic.
SewWil said... (10/21/12 10:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! You don't look like such a tough girl even when you are posing as one ;-) Great job on the jacket.
Sew4Fun said... (10/21/12 10:24 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! I know first hand how much work it took to get such a shapely jacket. What's with the pattern drafting? :/ I was very glad when I finally finished mine, but I wear it all the time and I have (almost) forgotten the pain. :) I hope you get as much wear from yours. You did such a great job on the fit and fixing the pattern issues.
ArtAttack said... (10/21/12 9:29 PM) Reply
What a cute jacket...I've been wanting to bust this one open...will re-read your review and blog before I do!
Amanda.Claire said... (10/21/12 8:58 PM) Reply
Wow, what a sewing journey! Your jacket is fabulous! I would have to wear it everywhere I went.

Macphee sewing workshop #66