Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8837 (Misses' Skirt And Pants)

Reviewed by:chenille

About chenillestar
Member since: 7/4/11
Posted on:11/1/12 2:16 AM
Last Updated:11/1/12 11:00 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants    Skirts
motorharp said... (9/7/13 10:39 AM) Reply
Great job - the whole outfit looks fabulous!
Athene said... (11/25/12 1:07 AM) Reply
Really nice pants
chenille said... (11/2/12 1:00 PM) Reply
Thanks Judy, I"ll give that elastic waist another go. Lynn and Coco - can't wait to see your versions!
cocosloft said... (11/2/12 8:40 AM) Reply
Great pants and thanks for all the tips! I have this and eyeball it every once in a while (daily). You've inspired me to get out my measuring tape and get with it!
GoodbyeValntino said... (11/1/12 3:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful work with the fit and seam detail!!
LynnG said... (11/1/12 1:06 PM) Reply
Your pants look great. Clearly I have to go back and reread the sewing instructions. How could I miss that the cuff is part of the back piece. I was adding length and leaving the cuff off. I thought I made a measurement error. My pants turned out okay, but something was definitely off. I am going to check it out and give it another try.
Judy Kski said... (11/1/12 1:00 PM) Reply
Your pants look great! Give the elastic waistband method another try using a straight stitch. It takes a little getting use to no matter which stitch you use, but overall, it's a great look at the waistline and much better looking than an elastic casing IMHO.
chenille said... (11/1/12 11:03 AM) Reply
Sorry about that - I fixed the links. Marec, I checked my pattern again and I shortened the upper leg close to 4", but not below the knee. It looks really long in the back because the back cuff is already on the back leg and front cuff is a separate piece. HTH
marec said... (11/1/12 10:01 AM) Reply
Chenille, I got up early this morning to tissue fit and lay out this pattern. I wondered if you were going to post your review...yea!! I love the look from the thumbnail and hope you can fix the links to show more detail. I am 5'1" and the pattern seems really long for me. Wonderful outfit!
ArtAttack said... (11/1/12 9:55 AM) Reply
Great compliment for your super top...very nice
Jrhee said... (11/1/12 9:18 AM) Reply
Your outfit looks great!
MNBarb said... (11/1/12 8:46 AM) Reply
Ah, I really want to see the details but can't. The main photo of you in the new top and pants looks so good. The pants have a nice fit, slim but not leggings.
tg33 said... (11/1/12 7:02 AM) Reply
The main pattern picture looks great!! the other links don't seem to work? Good job on the pants though, and the style really suits you.

Sewing Workshop Riviera Shirt Pattern