Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, except with my mods.
Were the instructions easy to follow? Very! Since this was a knit, simplified by sewing sleeves in straight rather than easing.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
1. Like: Super easy!
2. Like: Well drafted which isn't always the case with Vogue. Everything went together nicely so it would be great for a beginner.
3. Like: Trendy and cute.
4. Dislike: short and makes me look a little preggy from the side view.
5. Dislike: kind of rides up during the day. Maybe because it's tighter on top and doesn't have anything to hold it down due to full peplum?
Fabric Used: Jeggings from JoAnns. I like how thick the jersey is and can do that whole "denim on denim" look I love. Very comfy.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I altered to make it simpler for a knit.
1. Smushing darts. Since I was working with a knit, I smushed the darts on the pattern and thus avoided all dart sewing. Worked great! To get the right peplum width, just measure waistline and adjusted accordingly.
2. No back-seam. Since working with a knit, I just cut back on the fold and deducted the seam allowance.
3. My usual is a 1.5" bodice shortening. I shortened only 1" and had a raw edge on my peplum. Still it seems short on me and next time I'll not shorten at all and add 2" to the peplum.
4. Neckline - used ArtAttack's small binding technique. My first time so I goofed a bit and I didn't stretch as I sewed so it doesn't quite snug up. I can see how you'd get better with this with practice. Love it and thank you!
5. Used elastic to runch up the sleeves. Next time, do it before sewing sleeves up since it was hard to get up in there!
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Plan on making one for DD who looks cute in everything! Want to make one in a fun woven print too and will keep darts.
For a quick and dirty - maybe just use your favorite t-shirt pattern and add the peplum at the smallest part of your waist.
Buy this pattern for $16.88 List Price: $22.50Add to Bag