Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7131 (Misses Jacket)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:11/25/12 3:01 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
sfshaza said... (12/1/12 10:21 PM) Reply
Annette, I am so blown away by your new video reviews. How fabulous! I was dying to know how to managed to make the videos and then, in the first clip, when you mentioned how you were doing it, I was laughing out loud. Such a clever woman! I was also very moved by the project itself and your extreme kindness. It is beautiful and I hope Jolyn enjoys your labors for many years. It is such a cheerful, beautiful coat. You are such a class act!
Barbara V said... (11/26/12 9:05 PM) Reply
How beautifully this turned out Annette, in spite of the heavy fabric, tricky lining, designing changes. Yes, what a clever woman you are!!!! Even though my internet service is dismal right now, I still enjoyed some of your youtube tutorials and thought processes. You are so thoughtful to create such a lovely gift for your friend.
Michele Lommasson said... (11/26/12 10:08 AM) Reply
Very nice review! I think you will appreciate that I have the same fabric in another color to make doggie coats! That aside, your friend must be thrilled with her coat. It is beautiful.
Margaret said... (11/26/12 9:36 AM) Reply
Great redesign of the coat and such a wonderful gift! Thanks for the very helpful review, too!
lamstu said... (11/26/12 8:20 AM) Reply
Wow great review even without the video. And an inspiration to all of us. AND a beautiful result from an interesting pattern. Thanks for all of it!
Nancywin said... (11/26/12 0:47 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket/ cape. How wonderful of you to make this for your friend. I'm sure she will feel so special when she receives it. Thank you for the outstanding review. Even if I never make this garment, the information you have included is so informative and helpful. I always look forward to your reviews, but you really outdid yourself here! :-)
ArtAttack said... (11/25/12 11:59 PM) Reply
WOW! I agree...work of art, as well as a labor of love. This is simply gorgeous! Your reveiw is outstanding, too. And thanks for the "anti-frump" vote on my sweater set! You're a doll!
annie11 said... (11/25/12 8:01 PM) Reply
I love this coat, and especially love following your process. Great review!
Catbird said... (11/25/12 7:30 PM) Reply
Where can I rate this review EXTRAORDINARY? Annette the Jacket Queen, you have certainly outdone yourself. I enjoyed those videos so much and hope you'll continue to include them in future reviews, although I feel selfish to write that because it must have taken a lot of extra time. What a treat to hear your thought process and to see it all in action. And little Bucky appearing as a bonus! This is a beautiful, thoughtful and heartfelt gift for your lucky friend.
miausiau said... (11/25/12 7:24 PM) Reply
I was just contemplating those woolens by Marc Jacobs at Mood. Nice to see it! Very cute coat.
prttynpnk said... (11/25/12 6:16 PM) Reply
Sharp! I love this and great review info.
SewWil said... (11/25/12 5:35 PM) Reply
Wow! This coat is beautiful and so well thought out. Great job! I LOVE the fabric. As usual your review was very informative. Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review.
Karen Easter said... (11/25/12 5:33 PM) Reply
I second what everyone else said! It's so nice to see what you're doing these days! The coat is lovely and so very thoughtful.
Christas said... (11/25/12 4:33 PM) Reply
Annette, this coat is a work of art! You have put so much thought into each and every detail to make it more "user friendly" for JoLyn. What a very special friend you are to put so much of yourself and your time into a gift. She is going to cherish this coat forever. I don't doubt that! You are such a dear friend and so very thoughtful and generous. I just wish I could be there when you give this lovely and very beautiful creation to JoLyn! :-)
Karendee said... (11/25/12 4:09 PM) Reply
I can say this whole review equals an advanced sewing workshop featuring many, many techniques. I especially enjoying seeing the demonstration videos and understanding your reasoning behind the sewing decisions. I'm further impressed with your precise work but I guess that's why your garments are so professionally sewn. The fabic, workmanship and style of the coat is just outstanding. Your friend Jolyn is a lucky lady. And what a generous warm gift for you to make for your friend!
MNBarb said... (11/25/12 3:34 PM) Reply
What a clever woman you are! This coat is beautiful and perfect for its intended use. Your friend will feel like a queen in her soft pink coat. I love the video sections. Aren't you so tech savvy!

Burda 9547

by: piakdy

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)