Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1332 (Misses' Jacket)

Reviewed by:miausiau

About miausiaustarstar
Member since: 4/13/11
Posted on:8/14/14 10:46 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
jinxbrown said... (12/8/14 6:42 AM) Reply
Here is a short vid which shows the cape. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_0lTIE7_yA
jinxbrown said... (12/8/14 6:22 AM) Reply
I'm very interested in this cape. I've included the a link to the original designers vision. Maybe someone can help disect whats to help me in getting to the original vision. http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8a/ea/2b/8aea2bb4364f74c5c9ba5ccb2224175a.jpg
fabricaddiction said... (8/15/14 12:17 PM) Reply
I second what Baja Susana said!
acmena said... (8/15/14 0:23 AM) Reply
Kathryn Brenne made a version of this in the Dec/Jan 2014 Vogue Patterns magazine, using a down blanket as lining!!!
SJ Kurtz said... (11/21/13 11:59 PM) Reply
I could not resist this during the cheap Vogue sale last year; I am not sure where I would wear a coat that made me look like a beetle, but I am the sort of person who WOULD, so when 4 yards of 60" wide bug-ready fab falls into my lap, I am so there! Thanks for the insights!
miausiau said... (12/12/12 3:56 PM) Reply
This is on hold for now...I'm not very enthusiastic about it. I think in a taffeta this could be much better. I hope someone has some success with this...it really is one of a kind.
Laurie Lou said... (12/12/12 2:28 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for taking on this Intriguing pattern. I was so drawn to it for it's uniqueness but wondered if it would be wearable. No need to finish it on my end if you think no more time warrants it but I'll be back to see if you do :) As you said and others here...the pattern photo gets a C- thankfully the line drawing shows the detail but if the instructions have a failing grade then they really need to rethink their instructions...a problem I too have found. But then again with these complex patterns maybe it is hard to describe the construction???
JoyceP said... (11/27/12 10:59 AM) Reply
This is a fascinating coat-cape and I look forward to your finished garment! Looking at the line drawings at Vogue's site provides a better feel, for me, of how this garment evolved: simple straight up and down coat with an integrated cape - ingenious, no? If it were me, I think I'd want to emphasize that "side of the coat" line, i.e. the fold that falls naturally to the side. A crease there, or a strip of the black... it would help my "outline" since I'm rather too much owl-shaped myself ;-)
hmacski said... (11/27/12 9:32 AM) Reply
I'm so excited to see someone taking this pattern on! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product and hearing about how you resolved the difficulties mentioned in your review thus far.
Baja Susana said... (11/27/12 8:21 AM) Reply
I have a great idea! Let's all get in it and see how many can fit inside a cape, then send a photo to Vogue. The pattern photo shows nothing! Your review tells the story. Actually the silhouette looks like a cocoon, comforting and cozy, but it is as you said spectacularly. I am curious to see it after you tweak it again.

Vogue Patterns V8637