Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5679 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:stitchywitch

About stitchywitchstarstarstar
KY USA
Member since: 10/15/09
Posted on:12/12/12 0:51 AM

darlow said... (10/27/13 2:20 AM) Reply
I took a look at your photo before I read your review. I have to say that my reaction to your photo was, "Wow. That looks so great on her."
RadarRadiance said... (12/13/12 5:29 PM) Reply
Great job on the stripes, it does look nice on you, hopefully you'll feel comfortable wearing it. The fabric is really nice!
RLL said... (12/12/12 7:32 PM) Reply
The chevron (bias) placement is perfect and actually makes this top look a lot better than a solid fabric, in my opinion :) Just straighten out that hem (the point would bother me too) and you have a great top. Also, you mentioned a year end wrap up and wearability blog........such a great idea!
lindaII said... (12/12/12 10:48 AM) Reply
Your top looks great on you...love your inventive use of chevrons (perfect, by the way). But I agree about the weird raglan seam placement (so weird on me that I actually pitched both the top AND the pattern!)
persevering said... (12/12/12 10:19 AM) Reply
Sorry to read (blog) and can see you are in a funk. However, I only see SUCCESS, your top is stunning, in my opinion, the colors too really suit you too.
Nan Kay said... (12/12/12 8:35 AM) Reply
Ok, so the hem may not work with the chevron pattern but the rest of this top is really great! Well worth straightening the hem and having a top you will enjoy, because it is cute on you!
Nan Kay said... (12/12/12 8:35 AM) Reply

mollyshark said... (12/12/12 6:35 AM) Reply
You know it wouldn't be a big deal to redo the hem on the straight line if it bothers you because seriously this is a very cute top.

Sewn Square One Go Anywhere Dress Pattern