Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6108 (top, skirt, and scarf)

Reviewed by:Lori9999

About Lori9999star
AZ United States
Member since: 12/6/12
Posted on:12/15/12 3:41 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories    Tops    Skirts

Leora said... (4/30/13 2:51 AM) Reply
It looks great for all the trouble you had. Thanks for the heads up.
usbeckers said... (1/7/13 10:20 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review and advice on the arm hole... looks great :)
Lori9999 said... (12/16/12 1:20 PM) Reply
Vonnevo, I don't have a wooden clapper, but did my best to to reduce the bulk by grading and smashing with a hammer. I am thinking that if I make this top again, I might try either re-working the front facing pattern piece by eliminating the pleat completely or replacing it with a dart, which could then be trimmed to lie flatter.
RisaJ said... (12/16/12 10:41 AM) Reply
Top looks great on you. Thanks for the review.
Vonnevo said... (12/16/12 2:47 AM) Reply
Thank you and congratulations on writing your first review !!! Your top looks fabulous, despite your difficulties with the armhole finish. I have this pattern and was very excited to see your review. I pulled out my pattern and yes, I think there may be a better way to finish the armholes, to eliminate the bulk. My RTW cowl top is finished in a similar way too. I wonder if flattenning the shoulder seams with wooden clappers, will reduce the bulk. I often do this with knits on side seam facings.
Lori9999 said... (12/15/12 9:25 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your very kind comments.
EleanorSews said... (12/15/12 5:24 PM) Reply
In spite of the difficulties, this top is lovely on you. Both fit and fabric are perfect for you.
Irene said... (12/15/12 4:31 PM) Reply
I feel duly warned by your review . . . but you look fabulous in this top, and it fits you beautifully.
BrendaJoyce said... (12/15/12 4:16 PM) Reply
Even though you had trouble with the pattern, this top really looks stunning on you. The fit is fabulous, especially around the arms. No gaposis at all.