Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8648 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:NVK

About NVKstar
GA United States
Member since: 2/12/09
Posted on:12/18/12 7:56 PM
Last Updated:12/18/12 8:22 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Jstarr4250 said... (12/20/12 7:07 AM) Reply
Stunning! Such a great holiday dress.
Curly26 said... (12/19/12 10:41 PM) Reply
I am enrolled in the course but haven't started your finished work is making me kick in to gear and get going. Love your dress. Great for the season we're n also Valentines Day.
Sewiing Sue said... (12/19/12 8:16 PM) Reply
Photo album is great! The dress is so nicely tailored to you and the color complimentary.
SavageCoco said... (12/19/12 3:39 PM) Reply
Great, detailed review. And a beautiful dress. You do really lovely work.
DorothyK said... (12/19/12 1:52 PM) Reply
Wow, this is a work of art. What a perfect fit. You did meticulous work. And just in time for the holidays - this is the perfect holiday dress.
slmstyle said... (12/19/12 11:08 AM) Reply
Gorgeous couture dress! I also have registered for this class, but have yet to make the same dress. Learning all of the couture sewing techniques is worth the class price alone in my opinion. Nice job!
krazyknit said... (12/19/12 10:35 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! You look lovely in it. I am in awe of your couture sewing techniques and the resulting end product.
redside said... (12/19/12 10:09 AM) Reply
You look lovely! I have signed up for this class but have not yet started. Your post is an inspiration to get going.
stashalot said... (12/19/12 9:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! I am "slowly" doing this course and hope my results are as good. You inspire me!
JuliN said... (12/19/12 6:33 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful. The time you took with the project really shows. I'm taking the Craftsy class as well and after my 3rd muslin, the pattern's very flattering on me.
goal100 said... (12/19/12 0:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Love how you styled the dress! Good job!
prostheticsgirl said... (12/18/12 11:25 PM) Reply
I like how you eliminated the center front seam for the midriff piece; with the brocade I think it could be somewhat distracting from the rest of the dress. Also, I have to say, it looks like you perfectly matched the pattern for the brocade on the transition between pieces!! I don't know how you did that, but it looks amazing
sewbarbie said... (12/18/12 10:39 PM) Reply
Exquisite! This is what custom made clothing is all about! I'm on the course as well and truly enjoy it!
jlg said... (12/18/12 9:14 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous on you. You did a great job.
karen n said... (12/18/12 8:26 PM) Reply
You can really tell when the Couture class was followed. They all look so excellent! Yours included! You're a perfect Xmas package!
NVK said... (12/18/12 8:13 PM) Reply
Stick with the course, it is well worth it, especially if you are trying to learn couture techniques...
wingamajig said... (12/18/12 8:04 PM) Reply
It came out great! The higher back is beautiful, and the 3/4 length sleeves are very nice. You are inspiring me to keep going with my second muslin from the course.

Ottobre Woman Magazine 02-2013-2

by: westmoon

Burda 9645

by: tonitones

You Sew Girl Adult Hats Pattern

You Sew Girl Adult Hats Pattern

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)