Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8356

MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:2/5/05 11:55 AM
Rennie Ashby said... (2/7/05 10:04 AM) Reply
Great looking outfit! Don't you love the feeling of stepping out in a completely coordinating ensemble? Especially one you've sewn. Definitely a 'Glamour' DO photo.
JDpenelope said... (2/6/05 5:29 PM) Reply
Yes, Yes, Yes! Everything said above, and more. You go girl.
Danvillegirl said... (2/6/05 4:50 PM) Reply
Like this a lot!
AnneM said... (2/6/05 8:43 AM) Reply
No such thing as cheating - just design opportunities. I like the styles of this pattern.
Debbie Spriggs said... (2/6/05 3:57 AM) Reply
Such a beautiful outfit! I love the fabric and color combo!
sewsue said... (2/6/05 3:12 AM) Reply
Nice top and the scarf looks perfect!
PhyllisC said... (2/5/05 10:56 PM) Reply
Deepika - this is very you -prefect!
Deepika said... (2/5/05 10:36 PM) Reply
You all really know how to cheer somebody up! And yes with this top I am officially out of my slump Karla :) Amanda you NEED this pattern. But definitely raise the neck. There is no way the pattern photo is from this pattern because its way too low! Pat I am neither :) Just hated to throw the fabric and really this top take so little... .you should definitely try it. Thanks you all for such sweet comments.
drsue said... (2/5/05 9:39 PM) Reply
I like your top so much better than the original. Why is burda making everyone look like a hussy these days?
Vonnevo said... (2/5/05 6:41 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful..colour, fit and style..all adds up to a great outfit. I like the your neckline much better than the original. Thanks for the info.
ryan's mom said... (2/5/05 5:28 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt, beautiful print--looks great on you!
Katharine in BXL said... (2/5/05 4:51 PM) Reply
Oooh, it's so pretty with the scarf and skirt! I agree with you, that scarf looks better unfinished and soft than with hemmed edges. Excellent save with the binding and deep shoulder seams.
tigger said... (2/5/05 4:31 PM) Reply
beautiful fabric and great review - I love the KS skirt in the second photo as well!
Gigi Louis said... (2/5/05 4:20 PM) Reply
D, it's just beautiful! I bought this pattern too - I had a dress with this shoulder treatment when I was in high school and I loved it!
Karla Kizer said... (2/5/05 4:12 PM) Reply
Perfection - the fit, the fabric, the colors, the scarf, everything. I think the neck binding adds alot, too. Not bad for a girl in a "sewing slump". ;-)
jlg said... (2/5/05 3:54 PM) Reply
Great top, Deepika. I agree with the others; the colors are wonderful on you.
PVA said... (2/5/05 2:57 PM) Reply
Wonderful top! I'm amazed you were able to get that scarf, neckline binding & long skinny tubes for the ties + the top out of 1 yd. of fabric! (Wow) Maybe you're not a genius, just a magician! (ROFLOL)
Nickle said... (2/5/05 2:52 PM) Reply
Very pretty top. The coloring of the fabric really looks nice on you. I like what you did to the neckline.
Gilraen Surion said... (2/5/05 2:12 PM) Reply
beautiful. Looks great. With the scarf and the skirt vey sophisticated.
Debbie Cook said... (2/5/05 1:09 PM) Reply
Deepika, this top looks fantastic on you! The colors are beautiful and I love it with that skirt in the second pic. Wow, it must really be low-cut to start with, but the adjustments you made look great and I think the neckline is perfect on you.
Amanda L said... (2/5/05 1:08 PM) Reply
What a cute top! It goes so perfectly with the 3032 skirt and the scarf is a great finishing touch (even if unfinished!) Any pattern that uses a yard of fabric is a friend of mine, I'll have to get it!
KarenP said... (2/5/05 1:03 PM) Reply
Very nice! I think the neck binding gives it a more finished look.

by: French.Sea...