Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2290 (Child's, Teens' & Adults' Pants)

Reviewed by:Mufffet

About Mufffetstarstarstarstar
VT USA
Member since: 8/14/05
Posted on:12/27/12 1:33 PM
Last Updated:7/1/14 11:53 PM

Simplicity: 2290 by Mufffet
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear    Loungewear    Kids(boys & girls)

Violet01 said... (7/2/14 4:25 PM) Reply
Another pattern with no side seams (AND ITS FREE) is simplicity 0501. Check the Simplicity site and look under "Classroom & Free Projects" then "Sewing 101". The pattern covers XS to XL (Hip 31"/79cm to 49"/124cm). I have also slashed down the side and inserted pockets. Hubby has 4 pairs to date and I'm not done yet. Warning - that pattern runs really big!
Mufffet said... (12/16/13 11:03 AM) Reply
You can always add patch pockets! ;)
lgrande said... (12/15/13 9:05 AM) Reply
These look nice and easy to do; however, I HAVE to have pockets in any pants I wear. I realize that without side seams there can be no side pockets - it's a deal breaker for me.
nicegirl said... (1/2/13 11:22 AM) Reply
Look like the perfect pajama pants! Nothing is cozier than flannel in the winter.
Warbler said... (12/30/12 9:42 PM) Reply
Great review! I think DH would love a pair!
Mary Stiefer said... (12/30/12 0:46 AM) Reply
These look great - I've made something similar and they do like them roomy and comfortable. Well done.
Mufffet said... (12/29/12 8:20 PM) Reply
Sorry about that paragraph in bold...sigh. Well thanks for the nice comments folks, and really - NICE pattern. :)
sewfrequent said... (12/29/12 6:35 PM) Reply
Mufffet, will definitely take your advice and get this one before its gone! I much prefer a one-seam pattern like this and an opportunity to use novelty prints!
mssewcrazy said... (12/28/12 8:08 AM) Reply
Next pattern sale I'm stashing that pattern. All those sizes in a one seam pattern -wonderful to have around for jammies.
Maia B said... (12/28/12 4:18 AM) Reply
THANK YOU for stating it has no side seams!!! I've been searching for one without, as my older son is currently too small for S9871, which I use for adults, and Butterick 4006 the kids' one piece pj pattern I use. I've looked at tons of pj patterns and reviews, and this is the first review I found that makes this clear, so helpful!
Mufffet said... (12/27/12 6:13 PM) Reply
Freya - yes it is. There is no text to let one know on most patterns of this sort, so it was a nice surprise.
FreyaStark said... (12/27/12 3:42 PM) Reply
They look nice and warm and comfy. A pattern without side seams is a treasure indeed, but sometimes it is hard to tell before you buy the pattern.

by: Heatherriq...