Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Creative Cate Top (Creative Cate Top)

Review submitted in One Pattern, Many Looks Contest

Last Updated:1/27/13 10:54 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
ghijsmom said... (2/5/13 11:36 PM) Reply
Great review and three great looking tops!
StudioCherie said... (2/4/13 5:02 PM) Reply
Fantastic tops! The style really lets the fabric be the star and you wouldn't even think they were made from the same pattern - just all perfect. Great entry. Good luck!
Baja Susana said... (2/3/13 4:28 AM) Reply
Beajay, are you just a little bit pleased with this pattern? I like the purple border and the placement.
rsarauer said... (2/2/13 0:29 AM) Reply
Really like the purple outfit, nice job :)
Heatherrique said... (1/30/13 6:01 PM) Reply
Ooh la la, Beajay! I envy your fab fabric choices... Very pretty tops and you wear them with pizazz!
treefrog said... (1/29/13 8:31 PM) Reply
Love your tops. You choice of fabrics is fantastic. I like your sense of humour too - a fun review to read.
Jacqui315 said... (1/29/13 0:45 AM) Reply
This a beautiful fit! Gotta pick the purple trimmed one as my fave.
Sharonspils said... (1/28/13 7:14 PM) Reply
Wonderful tops and they all look fantastic on you.
velosewer said... (1/28/13 2:48 PM) Reply
Congratulations BeaJay. They've really come up nicely.
chenille said... (1/28/13 11:58 AM) Reply
Love your fabric choices and variations. I like your style!
norie creates said... (1/28/13 7:35 AM) Reply
All are beatiful but I especially love the purple!
renren said... (1/28/13 6:43 AM) Reply
Great tops and review! StyleArc customer service definitely goes above and beyond--I keep reading very positive things about the company.
leoniep said... (1/28/13 6:06 AM) Reply
Great job BeaJay! I like all of them. My favourite is the animal print one, and I wouldn't have thought of using a border print, but that purple one looks lovely. Well done!
goosegreen said... (1/28/13 1:05 AM) Reply
Love all your tops but I think my fave is the animal print one. Good to see another Aussie in the contest!
Quickie said... (1/28/13 0:58 AM) Reply
Very flattering tops. I llike the way you have used the print in the third shirt
julie w said... (1/28/13 0:55 AM) Reply
Lovely versions of this top
Sew4Fun said... (1/28/13 0:14 AM) Reply
Another great top! I love the fabric you used this time. It's perfect for this pattern.
brissie71 said... (1/12/13 3:54 AM) Reply
It's SO awesome to have a pattern that you know you can just pull out and stitch up in half a minute! Great job. Both your tops look fabulous.
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/9/13 11:02 AM) Reply
Great top - keep on going with it - you have a definite winner!!
Mahogany Stylist said... (1/8/13 4:38 PM) Reply
You look great! Thanks for the excellent review.
petro said... (1/8/13 1:26 PM) Reply
You have a terrific eye for fabric choices! It looks great.
annakeeton said... (1/8/13 6:32 AM) Reply
Another great-looking top and very cool that you've completed 2 entries for the contest. (edited 1/28/13: All of your tops look super!)
ArtAttack said... (1/7/13 10:14 PM) Reply
Okay, this fabric is the bottom of the top shown with your pants. Totally cute on you. I am such a chicken with the Style Arc thing...not sure what that's about. This looks great on you!
Sew4Fun said... (1/7/13 9:57 PM) Reply
Nice to see you made another Cate top. It's hard to stop at one, isn't it? :)
Lynnelle said... (1/7/13 6:46 PM) Reply
I have to take a second look at Style Arc patterns. I love the cowl neck think your top is fabulous.
Sharonspils said... (1/7/13 6:43 PM) Reply
Fantastic outfit and can see why you love this top, and looking forward to seeing how you change it for OPML.
MariannaSew2Pro said... (1/7/13 6:16 PM) Reply
Oh well done you! Pants are on my to do list for Jan/Feb so it's encouraging to see yours looking so good (though I realise it won't be easy). :-) Your supervisor is sooo pretty!
velosewer said... (1/7/13 5:34 PM) Reply
I'd be doing a happy dance in this nicely fitting and flattering top too. You're on a roll BeaJay.
Dilliander said... (1/7/13 5:12 PM) Reply
Lovely! This is a favourite pattern of mine too :) both your versions are great.
Julia C said... (1/4/13 9:56 PM) Reply
Great outfit. Very flattering.
AndreaSews said... (1/3/13 0:53 AM) Reply
Great top! As much as you love this top, you will become addicted, I know I have. I didn't like my first one until a couple months after I made it, and I've made a couple more since. Like you said, it is very forgiving, and I think it is attractive for busty women. Very trendy style also. Great job.
chacha45 said... (1/2/13 10:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, BeaJay. Having just worked my way into the plus size category, I need all the help I can get, and this was very helpful. I think I'll try a Style Arc pattern.
KatC83 said... (1/2/13 10:05 PM) Reply
Looks great! The size and style suit you well, nice job :-)
Vonnevo said... (1/2/13 6:18 PM) Reply
Fabulous top !!! The style suits you beautifully.
Sarsez said... (1/2/13 6:16 PM) Reply
Great top! There's nothing like a quick win.
michellep74 said... (1/2/13 5:49 PM) Reply
Nice top! I'm very busty as well, and FWIW, I've found that it's worked out okay when I've chosen a StyleArc size by full bust for more fitted patterns--the shoulders on those seem to run smaller. (e.g. the "Alice" top fit me perfectly out of the envelope when ordered by full bust).
Sew4Fun said... (1/2/13 4:34 PM) Reply
Wonderful outfit! Very flattering. I can understand why you are so happy. I love this pattern too and I have made it several times.

by: marec