The deservedly popular and flattering Palmer Pletsch Classic Fit mock wrap dress.
I made an 8 (based on upper bust measurement) although I usually sew a size 10 in the Big 4
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, very much
2.5 yds of a nice quality poly lycra in a soft mud puddle brown and dusky blue floral called Enchanted Garden. The fabric is lightweight with a silky quality and drapes well.
This pattern takes a lot of fabric due to the long ties, extra length would be needed for long sleeves. There was nothing left over from my yardage.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
* Square shoulder adjustment
* Skirt lengthened by 2.5 cm (includes 1cm hem allowance)
* Elbow length sleeves
* Almost full length ties (main piece + 5cm)
* 2 cm (rather than 2.5 cm) side seams
* Front bodice and front band were cut double (as fabric is fairly lightweight)
* Neck is finished with a single fold binding (gentle tension)
* Ann of Gorgeous Fabrics suggests an alternative method for attaching the midriff band which is the technique I used as well
* Zipper was not required
* Raw edge used for hem
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes to both, I don't wear many dresses but this one is a winner.
A perfect fit pattern that is a perfect fit!
I made this dress back in October but have not been able to wear it as the beautiful synthetic knit created too much static. However I washed it adding liquid fabric softener in the rinse (as I'd read this helps reduce static cling). I also used moisturiser on my skin and the combination worked well. So well in fact I received two unsolicitations
Buy this pattern for $12.71 List Price: $16.95Add to Bag