Pattern Description: Biedermeier Style dress for girls. (Costume for around the Civil War era)
Pattern Sizing:girls 7-14
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?no, because I altered it greatly.
Were the instructions easy to follow?yes
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I was looking for the wide shoulder 1850 style dress for a costume and this is the only one I found. It fits GREAT!
Fabric Used:plum Moda cotton
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
1. eliminated the buttoned front by cutting center front on the fold.
2. changed the collar to match a doll's collar
3. pleated skirt instead of gathering it.
4. used the long sleeve from the pattern for the under sleeve and cut another in plum for the over sleeve. I cut that sleeve in the shape of my doll dress sleeve and then treated the outfit like it had two individual set-in sleeves.
5. added ribbon and belt details to match doll dress.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?Yes, I am currently making an Addy AG costume for my daughter from this pattern.
Conclusion: Great fitting costume and easy to manipulate to another design.