Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2005 (Choice of T-shirts)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01

Hall of Fame 2007
Posted on:2/11/05 10:04 PM

jlongo said... (5/10/06 11:38 AM) Reply
Deepika, I cant believe you actually made this top. It really looks like an upscale RTW purchase!
knitknitknit said... (1/12/06 4:53 AM) Reply
Ooooh, Deepika, I got on here last night specifically to find a tee-shirt pattern that would look just like my two Glima tops that I love so much, and your review led me straight to this pattern! I can't wait for it to come! Yesterday I had visited my local fabric store and there were all these crazy knit prints and I was thinking, "Cool, but what would I ever DO with them?" Now I know!! I can't wait for this pattern to get here! Thanks! Jane in MA
Eme said... (9/17/05 5:59 PM) Reply
This seriously looks like a top that Anthropolgie would sell for about $98 - no joke! This pattern has been collecting dust in my stash for almost a year now...I just might have to dig it out -- yours looks so amazing! (this review cycled through on the side of the PR boards page, and I couldn't let it go without saying how fabulous your shirt looks!)
Schnauzer said... (2/14/05 3:18 PM) Reply
Lovely top Deepika and a Happy Birthday to you.
candyo said... (2/13/05 3:05 PM) Reply
I want this pattern now! You should sell Jalie on PR! I love your top!
SewVeryTall said... (2/13/05 4:19 AM) Reply
Very cool fabric...very cool top...the way you've used them together is fabulous. Happy 30th Birthday, Deepika!
Deepika said... (2/12/05 10:24 PM) Reply
Wow! thanks you guys... Thanks so much for such lovely comments. Did I say recently that I love you all :) Amelie, I will edit my review to include more details about the stitch settings on the sewing machine. Debe I've made this pattern in a different knit before and I felt that it cut off circulation in my arms... way too tight but for this knit it was totally fine. My knit is super stretchy though so thats the reason.
Danvillegirl said... (2/12/05 7:16 PM) Reply
Lovely top. Oh to be just turning 30 again. Happy Birthday in advance.
Runrover said... (2/12/05 5:40 PM) Reply
Deepika - the t-shirt and fabric really rocks; 30 never looked so good. The top looks great on you; I especially like the neckband treatment.
Rennie Ashby said... (2/12/05 4:39 PM) Reply
Love your top! Happy Birthday D.
sewsue said... (2/12/05 4:25 PM) Reply
You are right about this being the best T shirt pattern for shape and necklines, but I would like to say that different fabrics with different amounts of stretch and recoverability(!) may need a different pattern size or even a different pattern. I discovered this in my quest for the perfect T shirt pattern and have resolved to keep 3 diferent ones depending on the fabric and fit that I want. All my Jalie Tees look great, but sometimes I still use my old KS pattern whcih is a bit looser fit, or a Great Copy one that has a variety of different necklines and is also a looser fit.
drsue said... (2/12/05 10:17 AM) Reply
Man-o-man, that is wonderful. I'm so jealous of your fabric. Very Glima. Happy BD: the 30's are great, you'll see.
Maychi said... (2/12/05 10:07 AM) Reply
Happy birthday Deepika! This top looks great on you!
PVA said... (2/12/05 10:05 AM) Reply
Wow, what a great shirt! I guess I'll just have to break down & try this pattern -- I live in T-shirts & with that many raves it must be pretty great! Thanks for a great review!
Debbie Cook said... (2/12/05 9:47 AM) Reply
What a cool shirt Deepika, and it looks great on you! Happy birthday! Do you think I can find any "42" fabric? LOL!
cindyann said... (2/12/05 9:23 AM) Reply
Happy BD, Deepika. So cute. I am also a big fan of this pattern. Your top turned out very great. I remember it from PR weekend too! You look wonderful.
GorgeousFabrics said... (2/12/05 8:13 AM) Reply
Oh, I love it! Great review. It might actually push me toward trying this pattern out! -Ann
Liana said... (2/12/05 7:59 AM) Reply
Great shirt, great fabric, great pattern, no wonder it looks so good! I like to sew my knits on the regular machine too, for the same reasons. Your neck band looks wonderful. Do try the bateau neck, it's my favorite. Happy Birthday!!
Gigi Louis said... (2/12/05 7:55 AM) Reply
How adorable! Trust me, this may be the last time you'll want to wear your age. ;-)
Karla Kizer said... (2/12/05 6:30 AM) Reply
Some of us think you are "admitting" to being 30 - and some of us think you are bragging. Great shirt, great review. Jalie should thank you and 3 dozen other reviewers.
Asa Hagstrom said... (2/12/05 6:20 AM) Reply
Happy birthday Deepika! I remember this fabric, and I wish I had gotten some too (although I have almost a year left). I agree with Leslie, 30 looks good on you!
Nickle said... (2/12/05 5:56 AM) Reply
Happy Birthday- Love you top and review.Penny
Sew it seams said... (2/12/05 5:17 AM) Reply
I love your top Deepika, you look good in 30! What did you think of the arm? Was it tight? I have this pattern but haven't made it up because of the sizing. Some have said that the arm is rather tight so I put it away and forgot about it. Your t-shirt looks like the perfect RTW style, so I'm going to give it a try. Great review.
Amelie said... (2/12/05 3:59 AM) Reply
I love everything about this t-shirt!!! It looks really great on you. Especially helpful are the tips and encouragement for those of us without sergers. Can you give us any more info on what type of stitch ( small zigzag, stretch etc. ) and what type of needle you used? Thanks!
ChrisK said... (2/12/05 2:20 AM) Reply
Your tee shirt looks great. I love the colour on you. I've been wondering if I should get this pattern. So... you think I should give this a try???? Your review is convincing enough. I'm going to get it! ;-) Have a happy birthday
tigger said... (2/12/05 2:07 AM) Reply
Love the t-shirt - and the placement of the fabric pattern is amazing! Very nice - I've thought about trying some Jalie patterns and now I may have to make this my first! Happy Birthday as well Deepika!
KathleenS said... (2/12/05 1:08 AM) Reply
Great print placement, particularly the sleeves!
Jodi B. said... (2/12/05 1:05 AM) Reply
Deepika, this is just too uncanny! I'm wearing mine right now. And I used the same pattern so mine looks almost identical to yours! I know, I haven't done a review yet. Maybe I'll post mine right with yours. :) It looks fabulous. I hope you have a great birthday. I wore mine for my birthday and had such fun with it.
Georgene said... (2/12/05 1:05 AM) Reply
Hey, I remember that print! Great job with the placement. The big 3-0 on the front is so funny. Time to get Jalie to sell patterns on PR...44 reviews!!
Jennifer shaw said... (2/12/05 0:51 AM) Reply
Happy B-day! What an excellent way to celebrate, in your gorgeous and glorious new top.
KarenP said... (2/11/05 11:29 PM) Reply
I LOVE it! Perfect placement of the print. I've been meaning to give this pattern a try (it's already in my stash) and your review has convinced me to move it up in my "to-do" list.
dvazz said... (2/11/05 10:33 PM) Reply
Happy 30th, Deepika! That shirt is amazing on you. Wear it to go out on your birthday and you'll get carded. :)
Leslie in Austin said... (2/11/05 10:11 PM) Reply
Deepika, that tee *rocks*! Great print (in C/R/L no less--yum), the color is dynamite on you, and the fit looks pretty perfect. Love everything about it. 30 looks good on you, girl.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-117

by: motorharp

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Islander Shirt Pattern Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Islander Shirt Pattern Pattern

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)