Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1692 (Misses' Retro Tops)

Reviewed by:Jasst282

About Jasst282
PA USA
Member since: 9/18/09
Posted on:1/28/13 5:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

debdiego said... (3/30/15 9:44 PM) Reply
I came to the website because I am concerned about the sizing. Almost every review I read tells what size they made, but most aren't saying if that's their usual size. It would be helpful to know if you normally where I size 12.
lbremers said... (5/10/13 8:51 PM) Reply
I am making the blouse without the bows but when I took it oout of the package and got ready to make the FBA I stopped and checked in here to see exactly how you would go about making it bigger in the bust. Without darts, etc. I wonder what to do. I considered enlarging the gathering distance at the neckline as that is where the pattern seems to provide room for a bust. Anybody with a C or D cup have any suggestions for a FBA on this? Thanks.
MissMelly said... (2/12/13 11:04 PM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing. I have been holding off on making this one for the exact reason. It looks very cute on you. Wonderful job. I can't wait to make it up tomorrow.
charid dawn said... (2/9/13 0:06 AM) Reply
LOVE this.
Pamaro said... (2/8/13 2:37 PM) Reply
I just purchased this pattern today and was glad to see a review for it here on Patternreview. Your version looks very pretty on you.
prttynpnk said... (2/2/13 11:06 AM) Reply
I'm so glad to see this made up- I've been circling it like a shark!
talesofawannabe said... (2/1/13 10:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for uploading the pic of you wearing it! It really helps to give an idea of the length.
Marnie D said... (2/1/13 6:17 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and need a minute to sew it up!! Thanks for your review. It looks really sweet on you
Jasst282 said... (1/31/13 9:48 PM) Reply
That or don't put the sleeve headings in.
style inspired said... (1/31/13 8:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for the photo of you wearing it! If I make up that version I'll be reducing the sleeve gathers- I'm not a fan of puffy sleeves.
Jasst282 said... (1/30/13 10:18 PM) Reply
I uploaded a picture of me wearing it! The review gallery image should link to it. The neck is just right - not to tight or to loose. I'm 5'4", and I think it looks good untucked.
talesofawannabe said... (1/29/13 10:01 PM) Reply
Very pretty blouse! I am so happy your reviewed this pattern. May I ask how tall you are? Looking at the envelope I am worried this may be too short for me. Is it a length you can wear untucked?
style inspired said... (1/29/13 5:22 PM) Reply
I would love to see photos of you wearing it. I've been looking at this pattern and waiting for a review. I didn't realize it asks for shoulder pads, but not surprising considering it is a 1940's reprint. How do you find the neckline- high/close or snug?
Jasst282 said... (1/29/13 5:01 PM) Reply
For the neckline, I sewed the shirt together (sans sleeves) and then pulled the gathering stitches. I then adjusted it so it wasn't strangling me, but still sits close to the neck. I will post a picture of me wearing it soon.
mnitts said... (1/29/13 4:12 AM) Reply
That looks so cute!
SewWil said... (1/29/13 0:31 AM) Reply
Pretty blouse!
Aurelie said... (1/28/13 11:31 PM) Reply
Ooohh! I've been looking at this pattern and waiting for a review. It is darling. I was wondering about the neckline fit. It looks like it could get too snug easily. Very cute. Would love to see it on.

Sewing Workshop Teagarden Tee