This pattern is for a large tote bag. It calls for hair canvas to interface the bag, but since that is extremely hard to come by and is expensive, I use a stiff Pellon interfacing. (Also the Pellon is washable, unlike the hair canvas). I used a cotton upholstery print for the body of the bag.
The cutting out was easy. The bulkiness of the fabric is what made this bag more difficult to construct. I don't regret using upholstery fabric, but it was definitely a learning experience and there was a lot of grading involved after I sewed the seams.
I wouldn't recommend this to new sewers with little experience. I do think it is a wonderful pattern for intermediate sewers. I would recommend using a lightweight lining (I used a quilting calico print) especially if you choose to use upholstery fabric, like I did.
I love the way it turned out!
For more pictures and explanations, Click Here.