I had these fabrics for quite sometime but could not find the right pattern to use it. But when I saw V1183 I knew I can make multiple outfits by changing the fabric and even the pattern. For this contest I have not made any changes to the pattern. The only changes that I made were shortening the pattern, and making some other fitting alterations at the shoulder.
I used fabrics in a way so that they look different from each other.
The purple polyester satin Jacquard fabric has some stretch in it.
For the purple polyester satin Jacquard fabric the back midriff section is cut on bias, whereas the front midriff section is on crosswise grain. I took advantage and use both sides of the fabric to create this look.
For the wool Jacquard I used self made bias tape on the princess lines. It was pretty challenging to match the bias tapes at the back.
It was little difficult to work with the bodice, but other than that it was fun to make this dress!
I will definitely make another dress by adding sleeves and flair!