Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2814 (Issey Miyake top and skirt)

Reviewed by:MickeyFan

About MickeyFanstarstar
GA USA
Member since: 6/7/04
Posted on:2/28/05 8:15 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
gotasew said... (1/29/09 11:10 PM) Reply
Thankyou, I'm glad you stuck with it. I was inspired that you worked through the frustration to completion. - I abandoned it it frustration.
carnelian said... (7/20/07 11:46 AM) Reply
Spatially challenged...oh yes. I hope it keeps us humble, because it soesn't feel good!
Ann Smith said... (3/5/05 11:52 PM) Reply
Ann Smith said... (3/5/05 11:51 PM) Reply
Your outfit looks terrific. I think the comments that this was quick to make referred to the sleeveless top. The long sleeve top has quite a bit more to it, what with the gussets. They were tricky. The skirt took quite a bit of pondering. Miyake patterns are often counterintuitive, almost puzzle like. But, hey, we don't want everything to be the same do we?
Melody said... (3/1/05 3:21 PM) Reply
That's a very pretty outfit. You did a lovely job. And I too am spatially challenged which is why I've not made this one. Congratulations.
AnneM said... (3/1/05 4:45 AM) Reply
Nice outfit. I should gett his just for the sake of seeing the pattern pieces!
JDpenelope said... (2/28/05 10:04 PM) Reply
Your outfit looks great on. Thanks for the complete review--I have this pattern, but based on your review and my recent experience, I shouldn't tackle it for a long, long time!
drsue said... (2/28/05 9:19 PM) Reply
Nice job. Nice to see this made up on a smaller framed person.
Joyfullife said... (2/28/05 3:38 PM) Reply
You did a great job! The fit looks perfect. I wonder if this would look good on a short-torso w/full "mamas"?
Peggy L said... (2/28/05 2:22 PM) Reply
Wow! Looks great on you!
Hilary said... (2/28/05 10:53 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!! I really have to break down and get this one....thanks for the tip about the organza, that does sound uncomfortable!
PegL said... (2/28/05 10:17 AM) Reply
Very classy outfit! Looks wonderful on you!
PVA said... (2/28/05 10:16 AM) Reply
Beautiful result! Thanks for the review -- I really appreciate the phrase "spatially challenged". I love having words to accurately describe my inadequacies! (LOL)
GorgeousFabrics said... (2/28/05 9:27 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! -Ann
liamvbender said... (2/28/05 8:39 AM) Reply
I am not a beginner sewer. Your comments are everything I would of said! lol! Even liking the finished product . Great job, it looks great!
jlg said... (2/28/05 8:36 AM) Reply
I like it. It looks like you did a great job.
marjenann said... (2/28/05 8:34 AM) Reply
Definitely worth the time and trouble!! It is a great looking outfit!!
Susan Dryer said... (2/28/05 8:26 AM) Reply
You look wonderful in your very classy ensemble. Lovely.

Sew Liberated Flora Tunic and Twirly Skirt