Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 8398 (jacket, vest, skirt, & pants)

Reviewed by:Sew it seams

About Sew it seamsstarstar
Member since: 7/15/03
Posted on:3/2/05 8:50 PM
Last Updated:3/3/05 10:09 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Debbie Cook said... (3/6/05 3:27 PM) Reply
Despite hating the instructions, you certainly came up with a winner! What a great looking jacket. I love the ribbon trim and the colors!
sewsue said... (3/3/05 3:03 PM) Reply
This looks fantastic, and well worth the time and effort you put into it. It is lovely.
Lou. said... (3/3/05 12:18 PM) Reply
Oh wow I absolutely love your jacket, this is totally my kind of top and I would pay big bucks for something like it!
Sew it seams said... (3/3/05 10:05 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your positive comments. I do apologize for my atrocious spelling errors! I was interupted several times while trying to post this review and I neglected to check my spelling when I finished. Those of you with dislexia know what I mean when I say almost *every* word looks misspelled to me. :) I'm off to correct!
Georgene said... (3/3/05 9:19 AM) Reply
Very nicely detailed. Good save...aren't you glad you didn't give up? You used your pattern as a springboard for your own idea, and adapted as you went along. It doesn't get better than that.
MaryBeth said... (3/3/05 8:26 AM) Reply
Nice design details for sure!!! Brilliant additions!
Lisa Laree said... (3/3/05 7:59 AM) Reply
I've had a few surprises on patterns that I picked up on the basis of the photo/drawing w/o checking the fabric recommendations, too...both on garments that I thought should be knit and weren't and structured garments that looked designed for wovens but actually insisted on knits. Kinda makes you think 'What were these people thinking?" ;) You have a great looking jacket despite the misleading pattern! Great job!
cindyann said... (3/3/05 7:12 AM) Reply
What a nice looking jacket. I love it.
SewingSusan said... (3/3/05 6:09 AM) Reply
Wow. You have really done a wonderful job. Great jacket.
Eli said... (3/3/05 0:55 AM) Reply
I have to reiterate what already has been said - it is one SHARP jacket! Sorry for the problems though...
Kathy Russell said... (3/3/05 0:47 AM) Reply
Wow I expected to read a review of success because that's what your end product looks like. Great color choices and changes. I love the snaps and grosgain ribbon. Very inspiring results.
gabrielle said... (3/2/05 11:15 PM) Reply
I would never have thought of that as a wovens pattern, either. That's a really sharp jacket; I think you made terrific design choices. I especially like that grosgrain trim. Glad to know a spool of thread and a hammer will do the trick for setting snaps, too. :)
PVA said... (3/2/05 10:39 PM) Reply
I like your jacket & I especially appreciate the photos & construction details. I feel certain you'll enjoy wearing it. I do agree the style certainly seems just right for a knit.
lmg said... (3/2/05 9:57 PM) Reply
I think you have a great looking jacket there. Love the ribbon idea and the red snaps.
BjP said... (3/2/05 9:39 PM) Reply
I think it's really cute. Love the red ribbon/snaps. Looks sharp!

Sew Simple 1740