Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3232 (Skort, cardigan & tank)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

lynne leblanc said... (9/26/09 11:14 AM) Reply
I love Leslie's comments on what she changed about the pattern. Not sure I'm skilled enough to try it myself, but maybe someday!
mClones said... (2/24/06 8:00 PM) Reply
Leslie, I just came upon this. What a beautiful job of binding! And, of course, a knockout sweater.
Jennifer shaw said... (3/13/05 6:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for posting the picture!! I just knew how great it would look!
Katharine in BXL said... (3/13/05 10:21 AM) Reply
It works! Look at you--the sweater, the stone, the shoes... you are a SIGHT! Love the 3/4-length sleeves. So feminine.
MariaDenmark said... (3/13/05 1:27 AM) Reply
Leslie - I love it! Great job - and it looks really good on you!
BjP said... (3/12/05 6:22 PM) Reply
Wuv it, wuv it.....this pattern should now be your "twu luv foweva". :)
Tonya said... (3/12/05 5:58 PM) Reply
Ya know, Kwik Sew should start paying patternreview members to use our pictures for their patterns - they always come out looking so much better than the drawings! Great job, Leslie, and I see you have fine taste in movies. :)
BTW, Hilary, the short bald guy's name was Vizzini. (Yes, you're very smart. Shut up.)
Diane E said... (3/12/05 3:55 PM) Reply
I thought I'd left a comment before, but I'm glad I didn't because not only did I like it before, but I really like it with you in it! Thanks for making me want yet another pattern....
Debbie Cook said... (3/12/05 10:52 AM) Reply
I love it too Leslie! How did I miss this review the first time?? Hilarious review! I remember your search for the zipper. Looks like you found your match and your miracle. The sweater looks fabulous, and that's one of my favorite colors.
CarolynGM said... (3/11/05 5:30 AM) Reply
Great review. I think you just sold a few dozen copies of this pattern, at least.
PixieCat said... (3/10/05 3:23 PM) Reply
Love the color, the style, the review!
Sue_WA said... (3/10/05 8:59 AM) Reply
I love it! Love the color, the zipper, everything! Your binding looks excellent.
Nancy Anne said... (3/10/05 8:58 AM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful! Are you meaning to say that you managed to make this with just one yard of fabric? My mind got hung up on that fact and I couldn't read the rest of the review with a clear head. :)
Hilary said... (3/10/05 7:57 AM) Reply
Leslie, this looks great!! Love your review, that movie is a classic, lol-my personal favorite is the "INconCEIVable!!" comment by the short bad guy(what was his name!?) in the beginning :oP Thanks for the details about the binding -I like the look of that, and now I may have to try it too. I have this pattern but the style of the cardigan in the drawing is so-so and yours looks fabulous. Thanks!
Jennifer shaw said... (3/9/05 10:31 PM) Reply
Leslie, your sweater top is just so gorgeous!! Any chance we could see you wearing the luvy sweater? The binding that you did is so great. Love the Princess Bride commentary! Thanks for the zipper source and the terrific review.
Lori V said... (3/9/05 9:44 PM) Reply
great cardigan, love the color and your necklace
Tiner W said... (3/9/05 3:36 PM) Reply
Very, very pretty!
SandraB said... (3/9/05 2:58 PM) Reply
Great job Leslie. l love that green colour.
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/9/05 1:53 PM) Reply
Great job, Buttercup - I mean Leslie! I really love the binding. I have decided I hate facings lately, too. Except when I put them in a pattern that doesn't have them. :) -Ann
drsue said... (3/9/05 1:51 PM) Reply
I love your cardigan. I've never owned a zippered one, I may have to try.
tigger said... (3/9/05 1:17 PM) Reply
I have this exact fabric from fabric.com and was wondering what to use it for - this looks so good I might just have to try something like this. Looks great!
LoriB said... (3/9/05 1:14 PM) Reply
Very cute! It's time to change your sewing skill assessment - you are way beyond "advanced beginner"!
Elona said... (3/9/05 12:31 PM) Reply
Super cute top, Leslie! The binding job is just beautiful.
Lou. said... (3/9/05 12:30 PM) Reply
Love it Leslie, I'm going to get this pattern now, I have been waiting for your review!
sewkal said... (3/9/05 12:25 PM) Reply
Great job, Leslie- your persistence paid off! I also love tops like this over a cami- I must have ten RTW ones. Love the color, but unfortunatley that shade of green makes me look more like Fiona (from Shrek) than Princess Buttercup!
AnneM said... (3/9/05 12:17 PM) Reply
That certainly does match the stone! You got your miracle. (That is a cute movie.) Interesting idea on cutting the fusiknit cross-grain.
Sew it seams said... (3/9/05 11:46 AM) Reply
Great looking cardigan. And I love that color!
Lisette said... (3/9/05 11:32 AM) Reply
I love the look of the bound neckline. You are quoting one of my favorite films..
Carol Wisman said... (3/9/05 11:18 AM) Reply
To CUTE! Looks great, think I've got to get it today! Nice fresh look for spring!
PhyllisC said... (3/9/05 11:17 AM) Reply
I love the zipper Leslie....I've bought RTW clothes that don't fit just for the zipper pull! In the end it's about the same $$ as mail order (shipping etc.) I cut them off and save them. If you look on the back of the pull it tells you the size - which you means you can use that pull with any zipper tape of the same size.
coloreyec said... (3/9/05 11:14 AM) Reply
Beautiful. Love the color. And binding the neckline instead of facing it was a nice design change.
Vivienne said... (3/9/05 11:07 AM) Reply
It looks great - I think the 3/4 sleeves really suit that fresh green colour. I really mean it. (Anybody want a peanut?)
Leslie in Austin said... (3/9/05 11:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for mentioning the shoulders, Georgene. I've added info on that to my review. Even though I did stabilize them with a length of fusible tape that matched the patterns seamline, looking back at the photos I see that the shoulders still look a little stretched out--on the neckline close-up the ribs toward the shoulder look a little wider. Hmmmm....
Georgene said... (3/9/05 10:44 AM) Reply
Looks cute, probably looks even better on you. Did you tape the shoulders? Your neck binding is very well done, congratulations.
PegL said... (3/9/05 10:37 AM) Reply
Really cute top and a fun, informative review! Makes me feel "twue luv" (quoting the Princess Bride minister's lisp!)
PVA said... (3/9/05 10:36 AM) Reply
This is an idea whose time has come! I need this pattern for golf this summer -- the whole thing! Thanks so much for this review, especially the details for not stretching-out the fabric while sewing! Your cardi is just beautiful, & of course the stone is perfect! 8^D)
jlg said... (3/9/05 10:26 AM) Reply
Great job, Leslie; you got your miracle. It turned out very cute. By the way, you are quoting one of my favorite movies.

by: Lauradubli...