Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2005-108 (tee shirt)

Viewed 1927 times

Last Updated:3/12/05 8:44 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Other Projects by Kay Y using this Pattern

Katharine in BXL said... (5/8/05 3:56 AM) Reply
Love your shirt and the color. I made this pattern, and I wish I had seen your review first!
Maggie Anne said... (4/3/05 5:10 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for this review which isvery timely. I really want to make this top but was wary ofthe low neckline. Now I know how to tackle it
stebo79 said... (3/13/05 1:55 PM) Reply
I am planing to do this shirt - and due to the revealing neckline I already thought about changing it the way you did... I love the colour of your shirt. I recognised it is hard to find blue jersey ...
Kay Y said... (3/13/05 12:38 PM) Reply
Ann, I puzzled over how best to handle these edges for a while and did consider an elastic cord. I decided on the clear elastic because I knew cutting it wouldn't hurt its stretchiness and I have had good luck stabilizing knit edges with it before. I ended up having to fudge the edges i.e. restitch sections that hadn't been caught in the stitches as a result of the curve. I use my serger a lot to finish inside garments but I'm not an expert at this sort of technique. I am very open to suggestions on how to finish knit fabric edges with the serger! I'd also love to know where to get coloured foldover elastic, or how to dye it. My neat-nik personality would prefer that finish.
Gigi Louis said... (3/13/05 8:56 AM) Reply
What a beautiful top! I think it turned out great.
Nancy Anne said... (3/13/05 8:41 AM) Reply
What a beautiful shirt! If this is the muslin, I can't wait to see the real deal. LOVE the results of the fitting adjustments you made.
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/13/05 8:23 AM) Reply
Excellent review. I like the idea of the elastic/narrow serged edge. Do you think it might work easier if you used a very narrow elastic or an elastic cord? -Ann
Lisette said... (3/13/05 6:45 AM) Reply
I love this top thanks for the details on raising the neckline.
jlg said... (3/13/05 5:34 AM) Reply
Very cute top. Great job changing the neckline.
Marita Kinnula said... (3/12/05 10:46 PM) Reply
Kay, you did very well, I love your top too, the neckline is a whole lot better now, congrats!!!
Jan B. said... (3/12/05 10:38 PM) Reply
Very pretty. Good solution to the plunging neckline.
Izzie said... (3/12/05 9:04 PM) Reply
Fabulous top! You did a beautiful job of raising the neckline, thanks for the instructions.
Hilary said... (3/12/05 8:27 PM) Reply
I love your shirt! I liked this style too but there is no way I'd be comfortable wearing it as is-way too low for me. I will try this now that I see it can be more modest :o) How did you add to the neckline-did you just make a wider tie, by add height to the center or did you slash and pivot ? Thanks for a great review!

by: Modiste Ma...