Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Cowl Top (Cowl Top)

Reviewed by:Shona

About Shonastar
BC CANADA
Member since: 11/9/02
Posted on:3/19/05 8:39 PM

Diane Franklin said... (3/20/05 10:00 PM) Reply
I made this in a stretch velvet and like it very much. I did the version with the doubled cowl which eliminated the need for a facing and gave the cowl good drape because of the extra weight.
CatherineN said... (3/20/05 6:51 PM) Reply
That is a pretty color. The blouse looks so graceful.. A good review of the pattern.
CatherineG said... (3/20/05 8:53 AM) Reply
I very comprehensive review. I believe that this TSW pattern is now OOP. I have mixed feelings about some of their patterns. I think sometimes something gets sacrificed in the attempt to be "deconstructed"; i.e. the twist in the sleeves that often occurs with their patterns. I've seen this made up in a soft textured cotton/linen blend and it's quite nice.
Danvillegirl said... (3/20/05 6:25 AM) Reply
Shona, excellent review of this pattern. I made it a couple of years ago and lengthened it to make into a dress. I saw it made up that way in the fabric store where I purchased the pattern. I used a double knit fabric which takes away some drape. I have mixed feelings about my top/dress many of which you expressed well here. I will "okay" about mine but never made it up again but thought about using lighter weight fabric as you did. I might pull it out again. Thanks for your information.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-1996-417