Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5007 (gore skirt)

Viewed 2055 times
Reviewed by:CarolynGM

About CarolynGMstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/9/03
Posted on:3/20/05 5:53 PM
Last Updated:3/20/05 5:54 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
JDpenelope said... (1/15/07 7:55 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks great, but I had to laugh out loud at your error and reaction to it. It seems so unlike you. Was thinking of making this in 2007, but don't want lots of gathering at the waist and don't want to draft a yoke. Still thinking, 'cause yours looks so good. (Must remember, however, that I don't have those long legs.)
KarmenG said... (5/19/05 10:09 PM) Reply
Wonderful skirt - I'm going to give this a try
Harriet Rogers said... (3/22/05 9:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for such a quick and inclusive response. I'm pretty sure I understand what you did, and since I intend to make another skirt, I'm certainly going to follow your instructions. Thanks again for guidance.
Schnauzer said... (3/21/05 8:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt Irina!
MaryBeth said... (3/21/05 6:32 PM) Reply
I have nothing to add except that you are as beautiful as you are smart and kind.
CarolynGM said... (3/21/05 5:54 PM) Reply
Harriet -- I machine straight-stitched the gore to the skirt panel and then serged to the top of the gore. Then I pressed the seam toward the gore. Next I attached the second panel in a long straight seam, and then serged. I pressed this long seam toward the skirt. This works extremely well, but it is not clear from Loes's instructions and picture which way to press the seams. You end up with one gore seam pressed toward the gore and the other toward the skirt. If this doesn't make sense, I'll take a picture of the inside gore seams and post it.
Harriet Rogers said... (3/21/05 4:16 PM) Reply
Irina, this Looks great: I too, love this pattern. One question: did you serge right to the top of the gores: I had some trouble doing it the way Hinse suggested, and instead sewed with conventional machine, and then turned top of gore (the little triangle) down, and then serged. I'm just curious what you did. Also, I loved the Hinse pink top in your other review: RTW manufacturers would KILL to have anything fit as well as your top. Tweak if you want, but I think it looks fabulous.
AnneM said... (3/21/05 7:56 AM) Reply
Good for you to overcome the sewing error. Very nice looking skirt. The fabric is a little hard to see in the picture, but it looks very interesting.
marjenann said... (3/21/05 6:58 AM) Reply
Must have that pattern. I love the look!!!!
Tiner W said... (3/21/05 6:29 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous fabric!
hongkongshopper said... (3/21/05 4:06 AM) Reply
Very nice!
SewTwin said... (3/21/05 0:59 AM) Reply
The length is perfect to me! Very Lauren Bacall, or Kathryn Hepburnish.The word is STYLE! Hope your DD has your talent!
tigger said... (3/21/05 0:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt - and the fabric looks great too! I so much know about having to rip away when you think you've almost finished and see the error you can't believe you made! :) Love this skirt - will have to give it a go!
drsue said... (3/20/05 7:22 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. I just hate it when I make mistakes line sewing the wrong things together. Truly an amazing recovery. At least next time you will not make that mistake.
dvazz said... (3/20/05 6:57 PM) Reply
Your skirt is gorgeous, and you look fantastic in it!!
PVA said... (3/20/05 6:21 PM) Reply
Very beautiful skirt -- thanks for the review! I love that gray with that pink; one of my favorite color combos. This pattern has been on my wish list for at least a year. I guess I'd better do something about it soon -- I love the "floaty effect".

by: becca a