Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2005-112 (Twist Top)

Reviewed by:cindyann

Posted on:4/7/05 9:43 AM
Last Updated:4/7/05 9:49 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Katharine in BXL said... (11/16/05 8:27 AM) Reply
Cute top! I had the same gaping problem with the back neckline. Did stabilizing help? What did you do it with?
SandraB said... (4/8/05 3:51 PM) Reply
Really pretty Cindy. It looks good on you. I traced mine out last night. Can't wait to sew it up.
Asa Hagstrom said... (4/8/05 5:29 AM) Reply
Cindy, this top looks so good on you! I need to get this Burda issue and make some up, just like everybody else it seems :)
jlg said... (4/8/05 5:08 AM) Reply
Looks great on you. Great job.
Jennifer shaw said... (4/7/05 9:29 PM) Reply
Very cool looking top!! It looks so good on you. Thanks for your review.
sewkal said... (4/7/05 6:39 PM) Reply
Very nice top! I like the lower neckline, too. I'm feeling a huge urge to go out and get this issue.
Debbie Spriggs said... (4/7/05 4:05 PM) Reply
Another fabulous version of this! ...I must get off the computer and tracing this one out...
GoSewGirl said... (4/7/05 2:50 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you! Thanks for the review. I can't wait to make this top...just trying to decide which stash fabric to use first!
BjP said... (4/7/05 2:39 PM) Reply
Very nice and the low neckline is very flattering on you!
Gillian said... (4/7/05 1:55 PM) Reply
Great top, Cindyann!
Peggy L said... (4/7/05 1:51 PM) Reply
This looks great on you - good review.
els said... (4/7/05 12:56 PM) Reply
Very sexy top, looks great on you.
Jackie M said... (4/7/05 12:41 PM) Reply
Very nice, top, Cindyann. Seems you, Leslie and I all had the same thing on our minds this morning :)
cindyann said... (4/7/05 12:21 PM) Reply
Thanks everybody! Georgene, thank you so much for the tip on the sleeve. I do look like I'm about to take flight. ;)
Mlle Laura said... (4/7/05 12:16 PM) Reply
I just took a look at JackieM's top and was duly impressed and now I see another one that looks just as fantastic! It's very flattering on you and the fabric looks cool. I have to make myself one! Did you sew it up completely on a normal sewing machine?
Lorna C. Newman said... (4/7/05 12:05 PM) Reply
ARGH! the only conolation is that by the time I get my copy sent to me, evrybody else will have reviewed theirs already and mine will be new again LOL!!!
melgosews said... (4/7/05 11:19 AM) Reply
This pattern is so nice, I'm sold too. Great job!
tigger said... (4/7/05 11:08 AM) Reply
Again love the top - I HAVE to make this top - where's my WOF??!!
nwadel said... (4/7/05 10:37 AM) Reply
Very nice top, you guys are an inspiration! Thank you. Natalie
GorgeousFabrics said... (4/7/05 10:28 AM) Reply
What a great top. That's it, I'm buying WOF today! -Ann
Deepika said... (4/7/05 10:15 AM) Reply
Thanks Cindy!!! I was looking forward to your review and boy is that fabric perfect for this top or what! Its interesting to see how different this top looks on everybody. Your neckline does look wider than the other versions and I think it maybe like that on me when I get to try this. Right now I cant even imagine how that twist must be sewn it. It looks so complicated. Desperately waiting for my burda mag!!!
Georgene said... (4/7/05 10:08 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute. You can take in the sleeves a bit though. See how they are winging away? Try making that little angle under the arm a little more cut in, or actually shaving away at the curvy part at the underam. This is a winner!
Leslie in Austin said... (4/7/05 10:00 AM) Reply
Welcome to the Burda Twist Top Club, Cindy! No fair, though: your super hot top makes my version look downright frumpy.
Gigi Louis said... (4/7/05 9:51 AM) Reply
Cindy, it's so pretty on you! You guys are killing me. I will surely be the last person to get this thing traced off and done.

Victory Hazel Paper Pattern