Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Pillows (Matzoh pillows & Beanbags)

Reviewed by:mClones

About mClonesstar
NY USA
Member since: 3/18/03
Posted on:4/22/05 8:49 PM
Last Updated:4/22/05 8:49 PM

Georgene said... (4/23/05 6:04 PM) Reply
I showed the photo to my DH when he said "Matzoh pillows? dis I never hoid!" We love it, and *have* to email this review to a few friends...
cindyann said... (4/23/05 3:39 PM) Reply
I love it!
bunz said... (4/23/05 1:29 PM) Reply
FANTASTIC! Can't believe the fabric -- it's so real!! Good Yontif!
Jennifer shaw said... (4/23/05 1:28 PM) Reply
That is so great!! What a fantastic idea- a truly reclining seder. Happy Passover!
bheath said... (4/23/05 10:22 AM) Reply
Very neat! They look very comfy. Have a blessed Passover!
Linda E. said... (4/23/05 7:11 AM) Reply
cool idean they are great. have a great holiday.
JDpenelope said... (4/23/05 7:07 AM) Reply
mClones, I followed your links and read the background on passover, with great interest. Thanks! Went to a seder many years ago, but had forgotten everything about it. You're right, your fabric looks Exactly like the matzoh bread!
mClones said... (4/23/05 6:41 AM) Reply
Penelope, here is a link to a very brief story of Passover: http://www.kidsdomain.com/holiday/passover/about.html. This fabric looks practically identical to the real thing, which you can see here: http://www.gothamist.com/images/2004_03_matzoh.jpg. Thanks for the compliments, fellow sewists. The project was a lot of fun and now folks are clamoring for them!
JDpenelope said... (4/23/05 5:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for the link to the tip for turning points--and the idea to use it on pillows! Loved your tale of the matzoh pillows. To overcome my cultural ignorance, I searched on "matzoh" and found an interesting article at http://www.jewishmag.com/8MAG/CHOMETZ/chometz.htm. Now I know that "matzoh" (unleavened bread) represents the truth and "chometz" (fermented bread) represents falsehood. But I'm still a little confused about why the fabric is called matzoh--does it look like unleavened bread...? Anyway, thanks for the adventure and I love your leavened pillows.
Mandolin82 said... (4/22/05 10:56 PM) Reply
I love these, and I'm not even Jewish!
ldpaulson said... (4/22/05 10:18 PM) Reply
Those are GREAT Passover gifts! The pillows and beanbags look kosher to me. I think there would have been a problem had you made those types of back rest pillows with arms and braided pieces of fabric for the arms! That would look like a matzoh-challah pillow. Just teasing. Very wonderful project. Happy Holidays.
ccdcar said... (4/22/05 9:03 PM) Reply
I love it!!!!! Have a great holiday!

More Knits