Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7881 (Claire Shaeffer Pants)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:5/1/05 12:38 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 27 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Other Projects by Kay Y using this Pattern

Athene said... (10/16/07 9:03 PM) Reply
Just thinking lately about making these pants. Yours look great. Thank you for the review.
Lorna C. Newman said... (3/1/07 12:38 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern today ... eventually I will get at it! Nice to know you are near by for when I need help on it!
Robbie Jo said... (9/17/06 8:09 AM) Reply
I am totally impressed. You have inspired me to give this a try.
Karla Kizer said... (5/8/05 7:47 AM) Reply
Great-looking pants, and a very impressive total outfit photo. You'll enjoy wearing this.
Danvillegirl said... (5/8/05 7:09 AM) Reply
Great fitting pants. Classic look is always in.
PixieCat said... (5/2/05 5:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants! They look like they fit perfectly!
flowermama said... (5/2/05 9:49 AM) Reply
Beautiful and so classic. Thanks for all the construction details. I can only aspire to this level of sewing.
AnneM said... (5/2/05 7:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review & info. I'm making a different pair of pants now, but have this lined up for a relatively near-future project.
MaryBeth said... (5/1/05 10:30 PM) Reply
Wonderful outfits! You're inspiring me now LOL I've got to try this pattern!
Elona said... (5/1/05 10:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful pants! Congratulations and huzzahs are in order.
Jennie Pakula said... (5/1/05 8:28 PM) Reply
What a fantastic looking pair of pants, very classy with the jacket. I am making these pants at the moment - your review has really helped, especially your comments about beefing up the waistband - I am lining mine too so I'll bear that in mind when I come to the waistband.
Sue Anfang said... (5/1/05 7:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. As always your reviews are great and your tailoring impeccable! These are on my to-sew list!!
CarolynGM said... (5/1/05 4:35 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you made and reviewed this pattern. I just love the pattern and your version looks as classy as it gets.
PVA said... (5/1/05 4:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful, very elegant pants! Thanks for this review -- I'm sometimes tempted to just get all the CS patterns I can get my hands on!
CatherineN said... (5/1/05 3:56 PM) Reply
CS certainly knows fine sewing and how to help others produce the same. These pants look professional and becoming on you.
jlg said... (5/1/05 3:53 PM) Reply
Pretty pants. You did a beautiful job.
Kay Y said... (5/1/05 3:46 PM) Reply
Jennifer, if you buy the bigger size for the hips, you have to cut a slightly different curve for the waistband to get a smaller size. You can see the differences between the 12, 14 and 16 on the tissue, you just have to draw a notional 10 on the tissue, about again as much smaller than the 12 as the 12 is to the 14, to get a 10 waistband. Hope this makes sense.
GorgeousFabrics said... (5/1/05 3:30 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants! -Ann
CSY said... (5/1/05 3:24 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern. Your pants inspire me to get a pair done. Nice work. Thanks for posting the review and gorgeous picture.
Jennifer shaw said... (5/1/05 3:22 PM) Reply
Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful review. Your slacks are so elegant on you! Being a soul with the same pattern dilemna, I appreciate you mentioning to get the larger size and tapering down at the waist! Did you find that the waistband fit you better?
Levone said... (5/1/05 3:16 PM) Reply
Your pants look great. Thanks for the thorough review.
drsue said... (5/1/05 3:07 PM) Reply
You pants look great! I had to same issue with little puckers around the waistband.
Tiner W said... (5/1/05 2:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants; fabulous fit!
Debbie Spriggs said... (5/1/05 2:52 PM) Reply
Next time Vogue patterns are on sale, this one is coming home with me. Beautiful pants, thoroughly reviewed. I like seeing the combo photo.
Lisa Laree said... (5/1/05 2:24 PM) Reply
That is one fabulous pair of pants!
Marita Kinnula said... (5/1/05 2:06 PM) Reply
Great pant's and a fantastic combo!!!
MarthaH said... (5/1/05 1:30 PM) Reply
Just beautiful.
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (5/1/05 1:23 PM) Reply
Kay, you'll be glad to know that Vogue magazine reported last fall that waistbands are on the RISE! So much more practical, though, is to do as you do - stick to something you like and that flatters you. Your pants are gorgeous. Thanks for the detailed commentary on Claire's instructions.

McCall's M5963