Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2198 (OOP Vintage Vogue Suit)

Viewed 2048 times

Posted on:5/1/05 1:30 PM

Patzee said... (7/21/05 6:40 PM) Reply
Wow!
PattiA said... (5/5/05 8:44 PM) Reply
Elegant and sophisitcated--thank you for an excellent review. Like a few others, I did a double-take with the photo; I would have sworn that this was a cover photo from the pattern company.
valerie sews said... (5/3/05 1:40 AM) Reply
What a beautiful detailed jacket. I admire your work.
moushka said... (5/2/05 1:15 PM) Reply
Kay, this is a seriously beautiful jacket! I could kick myself for not buying the pattern when if first came out. If i can find a copy in a size 14 or 16, I'll make it to wear to the rehearsal dinner for my daughter's wedding next year. It looks stunning on you. Thanks for sharing.
flowermama said... (5/2/05 9:59 AM) Reply
Wow, beautiful and so unique. Flawless job and such a helpful review.
Modiste Madness said... (5/2/05 9:28 AM) Reply
What a lovely jacket. I wish they would bring that one back tot he pattern books.
MaryBeth said... (5/2/05 9:06 AM) Reply
Ditto all previous comments. I absolutely have to either find this pattern or do a knock off. Perfect style for me. Gosh Kay, thanks so much for the excellent review and esp for the great photo!!!
AnneM said... (5/2/05 7:15 AM) Reply
Great jacket & suit.
KathleenS said... (5/2/05 6:38 AM) Reply
Anyone who wants this I expect it comes up on Ebay from time to time. Kay, I'm very excited to see this review as I've always wanted to see it made up and to see what someone else thinks of it too. You've done a great job (as usual). I've got as far as making a mock-up of it (waiting for the right fabric). I agree with a lot of your helpful comments. Especially that the hard bit of this that requires extra care is marking and sewing the front notched panels to make sure that they're symmetrical. I think it's definitely not for beginners just because of this. I found the instructions clear and helpful, except that there are two pieces called "Front Facing". Also I would mention that this is quite a short top/cropped jacket - only 49 cm (?) long.
Liana said... (5/2/05 2:00 AM) Reply
This is just beautiful! Another great garment from you, and as always, a very helpful, well-written review. I wish this was still available too.
Kathryn said... (5/1/05 11:44 PM) Reply
Elegant, and tres chic!
LoriB said... (5/1/05 8:52 PM) Reply
Stunning jacket!
lmg said... (5/1/05 8:19 PM) Reply
Wow! What an superb job you did on this lovely style. Thank you for the review...this may get me to try a vintage pattern.
Patti B said... (5/1/05 5:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! Very helpful review too.
CarolynGM said... (5/1/05 4:46 PM) Reply
Darn -- I wish that pattern were still available. The shoulder treatment would make my tiny shoulders look bigger! Your suit and photography are just superb.
Lisette said... (5/1/05 4:25 PM) Reply
Very original.
Olivia Sews said... (5/1/05 4:18 PM) Reply
It is beautiful!! Very well made. I need to take a look at those retro patterns!
jlg said... (5/1/05 3:52 PM) Reply
Great jacket. This is a neat pattern.
meli88a said... (5/1/05 3:33 PM) Reply
what a great design - such a shame it's OOP again. very nice job, it's a beautiful jacket!
Tiner W said... (5/1/05 2:56 PM) Reply
I love it!
Debbie Spriggs said... (5/1/05 2:53 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! Very unique and flattering.
Marrs said... (5/1/05 2:43 PM) Reply
What a fab Jacket ... stunning!
Nancy Anne said... (5/1/05 2:10 PM) Reply
I love these kinds of styles, and you did a top-rate job making this look professional and classic. Treating it as if it were tailored was a wise decision- the efforts really show in yor beautiful finished jacket.
Snowblossom said... (5/1/05 2:03 PM) Reply
Wow, its gorgeous! I, too, thought that your picture was the pattern picture for a moment. Absolutely wonderful.
Lorrie McGraw said... (5/1/05 1:45 PM) Reply
I clicked on the picture and thought I got the pattern photo!!! Clicked back and looked again. I was dumbfounded. This is sooo gorgeous. I called my 12 year old who is just learning to sew and showed her and she thought it was AMAZING!!! Beautiful, beautiful job. I must get this.
Kathy_AZ said... (5/1/05 1:36 PM) Reply